Default How to Help an Elderly Parent

I have an 80 year old father. I am legally his daughter by adoption. He and his biological teen age son got into an argument and CPS was called. They requested one of them leave. My mother took him to one of his biological daughters homes who has one bed and one bedroom, she doesn't have transportation, air conditioning or even a couch. She is refusing to allow him all of his meds and is refusing to even take him to his doctor. She is using a new doc and will not allow him contact with me or his grandchildren. Keep in mind he is still married and is not in the right stage of mind. ALthiemers and parkasins disease. I have been assisting in his care for over 3 years now. The police say their is nothing they can do they realize that he is being coerced into staying at this house with people that are not caring for him. How do I get him out and if I can't how do I get visitation for my children with their papa?

Default Guardianship

You need to initiate guardianship proceedings. If your father has financial assets, you should consider bringing a simultaneous action for a conservatorship. If you believe that people in your family will make that process difficult, you may wish to consider employing a lawyer to assist with the process.

1. Sponsored Links