Default Answering a Written Interrogatory, in Pro Per

I am currently Pro Per and trying to learn as much as I can while I find an attorney in Arizona. I received a written interrogatory from the employer's insurance attorney. I filled it out completely, and copied a massive amount of medical records and correspondence as they requested.

My question though, is how do I formally answer it? Do I need any kind of cover letter or legal form or document? Is there some kind of legal form I can download for Word that puts in the line numbers and case information like they have in their official correspondence to me?

Thank you in advance,
    Adele

Default Re: Answering a Written Interrogatory, in Pro Per

Hi Adelekeri,

I first would like to put you on notice that being "Pro Per" will not guarantee you any special privileges under the law. By submitting the incorrect information or worst yet too much information in your legal replies to an insurance company may in the long haul bite you in the butt.

I can say for sure when working "Pro Per" or pro se you are expected to write "in pro per" at the bottom of the heading on the first page. I am sure there is a program that's compatible with your states legal forms, but considering you are Pro Per I would imagine you would want to appear as such.

It may be worth a call to the State Bar Asso. to see if they have a lawyer referal service where you may consult with a lawyer who specializes in insurance law so you can ask all the questions you have for about 20.00 for a 1/2 hour consult by phone. That way you dont undermine your legal interest by submitting any document Pro Per.

Once you are sure of what you want to provide I think it would be proper to provide a cover letter that details who you are and what you are submitting as well as what you are responding to, as well as the case # in RE: DONT FORGET TO WRITE " IN PRO PER" AT THE BOTTOM OF HEADING ON FIRST PAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck

BUG.

Quote Quoting adelekeri
    View Post
    I am currently Pro Per and trying to learn as much as I can while I find an attorney in Arizona. I received a written interrogatory from the employer's insurance attorney. I filled it out completely, and copied a massive amount of medical records and correspondence as they requested.

My question though, is how do I formally answer it? Do I need any kind of cover letter or legal form or document? Is there some kind of legal form I can download for Word that puts in the line numbers and case information like they have in their official correspondence to me?

Thank you in advance,
    Adele

Speaking as an amateur when it comes to this workmens comp game--my advice would be to get an attorney. I have gone 9 months without a lawyer, and have finally realized that as much as wc seems to be accomodating to you and your needs, they really aren't. I would not submit any statements pro se--it could hurt you in the end.

That is sound advise however in most WC injuries that are simple and do not result in permanent disability the WC law is cut and dry. However in cases where you feel that you are being run around or not getting the care you feel entitled to or if you are being directed to return to work when you feel that you are not ready then a lawyer may be able to help.

I do strongly recommend that any claimant who feels they need the advice of a lawyer to at least do your home work on the lawyer you retain BEFORE you sign any documents such as a fee agreement. I have a check list when interviewing a lawyer Titled Questions to ask before you hire a lawyer. It was found on the lectric Law Library

http://www.empowermentzone.com/legalhlp.txt

and is helpful when looking for a lawyer in these matters

In the above mentioned case it does to me seem foolish to want to prepare legal looking documents and then title them "pro se" as required. As the poster says he is in the process of getting a lawyer which is why I suggested he at least consult one before he sends in the documents requested. YES sending the wrong documents could hurt him in the end!!!!!

It would be easier to say if there were more details about this case. But in general it is a mistake to work with the insurance company's legal team with little experience

BUG

Quote Quoting injuredinMA
    View Post
    Speaking as an amateur when it comes to this workmens comp game--my advice would be to get an attorney. I have gone 9 months without a lawyer, and have finally realized that as much as wc seems to be accomodating to you and your needs, they really aren't. I would not submit any statements pro se--it could hurt you in the end.

1. Sponsored Links