Default Extradition From Another Country

Hi, I am currently in probation for grand theft and use of personal indentification. I have almost 2 years, no violations, nor traffic tickets or whatsoever. I report every month to probation, and my po tells me that I am doing very good. But the problem is that for my crimnal record, I cannot find a job....everytime I want to take one step forward I take 5 steps back. I am in a very desperate situation, no money not even for rent!!! I am thinking in moving to canada, where I am a legal resident and where I do not have a criminal record at all. One of the problems is that I need to pay a restitution fee of 4,000. I have spoken to my po, and I told him that if I pay half of the restitution (there was another person implicated in the same case with me, and he is supposed to pay the other half) he may let me go to canada with no problem. Another problem is that I am an illegal resident here in USA, therefore I do no have green card to get a job. But I do no have means of getting this money. I want to know if a leave to canada, without paying any money, and without saying anything to my po, will they look for me in canada? will they bring me back?? you see, I have two children and they are also illegal, i cannot even get any social assitance....will they sent a warrant for me to canada?
    And if a miracle happens and I get this money, how long could it take to end or transfer my probation? Pls advise me, I do not know what to do....

Default Re: Extradition From Another Country

If your warrant ends up in the Canadian system, and there's a pretty free exchange of information these days for border security reasons, it could affect your immigration status in Canada.

If you pay off the assessments as agreed with your probation officer, my guess is that the probation officer will recommend an early discharge or, possibly, reporting by phone or mail, not some form of international transfer of probation.

thank you for your reply, i am trying to see if somone helps with the money. So, if I pay and they let me leave the us, could I enter USa again? let's say to visit or as a tourist?

Criminal conduct can affect your ability to enter the U.S.

If you are concerned that will happen in your case, consult an immigration lawyer about the specifics of your situation.

1. Sponsored Links