Hybrid View

Default Trying to Get a Reduced Sentence

My boyfriend was arrested for a OWI he has two prior DUI one that is 4 years old and one that is over 2 years old. He signed a plea agreement that was open to up to a 1 1/2 years of house arrest up to 3 months in jail and 2 years probation. The judge ruled for him to serve one year of house arrest, 1 1/2 years of informal probation, drug and alcohol classes, and 60 days in jail. It took a year for him to finally get sentenced and we dont think the lawyer that we hired at a rate of $1500 did enough to help us.

We were going to fight the charges on the bases of suppression but the lawyer talked us out of it, saying you rarely win if it your word against a police officer. I was just wondering if we had any legal chance of either fighting the sentence or maybe hiring another lawyer? I wasn't sure because he did sign the plea agreement if we could even fight the ruling. We asked the lawyer to mention many factors that might of helped his case and he advised against all of them.

Please if anyone has any thoughts or ideas let me know and if you want to know why we felt he could fight the charges with police suppression let me know and I will explain what happen when he was arrested.

panther10758 Guest

Default Re: Trying to get a reduced sentence?

You will likely spend thousands in legal fees for naught in my opinion.

We are spending thousands in house arrest fees at $12 a day for just the year of house arrest it is costing us $4380.00

panther10758 Guest

Are your ready for another 4 grand or possibly more to fight this? and still lose?

I wasn't sure because he did sign the plea agreement if we could even fight the ruling.

Is he going to swear under oath that he is a liar?

1. Sponsored Links