Default Shoplifting at a Department Store

I was arrested for shoplifting at a department store for just under $400. This is the first time this has happened to me and I am very scared. This is a fourth degree .I have stole from there numerous amounts of times however this is the first time I was caught. There is viedo surveillance throughout the store. Is it possible to be charged for those time as well? Would this make it a third degree?Can I still go to jail if this is my first offense? Also, I was caught returning items from the store from a receipt of a prior purchase and have done this before as well. I am so afraid. I am a college student who was pursuing a career in teaching. Can I ever be a teacher? I really hate what I have done. Also, is there any way to avoid jail sentence? I would be willing to pay a large amount of money to avoid jail. Is this allowed? I am 25. Where can I seek counseling? NJ state

It's theoretically possible, but unlikely. That's unlikely. Yes. Yes. No. Try seeing if your school offers counseling.

Get a local lawyer. You can avoid jail and get your best possible sentance (supervision and charges dropped after supervision is served) Make sure you try and get your charges of retail theft dropped down to something lesser so you can get your arrest and charges exponged sooner.

Thanks. What do you mean by the supervision? I'm not a Juvenile can I still get this?

Default COurt date was sent

Looks as though court is next week. How long is it typically?

Do they know about the other times did they ask you about it?

If you was only charged for the one incident and that dollar amount then I would just go and bite the bullet and not try to fight it or get out of it. If you try to fight it you may just piss them off and then they will lay out all of their wild cards to the judge and it will be in it deeper than you was before.

were the LP's cool with you or just cold you may be able to work a deal with them, I assume that you was saying that you have committed return fraud if you have anything left on what ever they gave you for the return or any other merchandise of theirs that you have bring it back to them under the terms that they will be willing to drop the charge to a lesser one.

1. Sponsored Links