Default Car Towed Over Expired Registration, But The Sticker Was Defective

Okay, so I live in Florida, my cars registration expired in March 2007, BUT I got it renewed, so it is legally registered until March 2008. The problem is, the sticker for my license plate never stuck, so I kept the sticker in my glove compartment under the assumption that if I were ever pulled over I'd explain to the officer that the sticker doesn't work. Well last week, my car was towed because of my expired sticker, does a towing company have any authority to do so? Isn't my vehicle information run by the cops? Wouldn't they have seen that I had a valid registration? What are my odds of getting this refunded? Thanks to anyone who could give me some help with this.

Default Re: Car Towed Over Expired Registration, But The Sticker Was Defective

I don't see how having the sticker in your glove compartment would let anybody else know that the car was properly registered and thus shouldn't be towed. I would think that the thing to do would be to go to the DMV and to try to get a replacement sticker.

You didn't tell us the circumstances of the towing, so no guesses there.

Default Towed Car Issue

In response to the response I received on my early post. "'Car Towed Over Expired Registration, But The Sticker Was Defective'", my car was towed because the registration sticker on my car was expired. The company claims to have the authority to tow vehicles with expired stickers (Tallahassee, Florida), I've read Florida and Tallahassee Ordinances and I haven't found anything on it, nevertheless, the issue at hand is, my car was towed because the registration sticker read March 07, my registration sticker saying March 08, was in my glove compartment because its sticky part didn't work. So the question is, does the towing company really have jurisdiction to tow cars with expired registrations? And if so, does my registration being valid, but not being visible, justify it being towed?
    Thanks for the help

1. Sponsored Links