Default Police Wouldn't Make Arrest or Take a Report, and Threatened Victim With Arrest

Early this morning, two young men were attempting to move my vehical that was blocking them. Apparenlty they seemed to ignore all the posted signs, the tow company's signs, and the no treaspassing signs. This event took place in a dead end ally way, that I OWN. So, I would think I have every right to park in my own lot.

The catch of this entire problem was the men used forced entry to get into my SUV. They pulled on the rear hatch glass violently until the rear hatch gave way. When doing so, they even managed to pull my rear wiper off, which then caused the ENTIRE unit to fall into the back of the SUV. They apprenlty climbed threw, to the front , unlocked the rest of the doors and started scatering things all around. Disposing all of my inforamation and vailable items out side of the SUV, appearently they were searching for keys.

They were unsuccessful to find a key to move the SUV. Therefore, they were stuck. I was notified about the situation, and rushed to the scene. Along the way, I stoped and explained to an officer on duty my current situation. The officer then followed me to the site. He was clearly aware what was going on, as he was asking me "why I had been blocking MY parking lot/driveway access". I had told him the situation, he seemed slightly upset. (My lot, i should be able to park there)

Another person was telling the officer that he saw those two young men break into and "rampaged" threw my SUV. I then noted that all my personal belong's were spread and thrown all around my SUV, (had not even reached the rear of the truck). Officer explained to me that if "your truck/car is open, anyone can entire". I noted that i locked my truck and it had to have been a forced entry. He dismissed the account, and I said I had personal belongs, money and other items in MY SUV. Hey then said that IF i were LYING HE WOULD ARREST ME. After saying that, he turned away, yelling he wanted nothing to do with it.

So, after the witness's seeing these people break into my suv, and asking for assitence from the police and not recieving anything, apperently there was nothing more i could do. As the suspects were still there, and the officers did not even bother to question or talk to them (I did get there information, and the witness's information). So the problem would not escalute any further, I let the suspects take there vehical and off they went. I then called 911 to file a police report, they then contacted the police the police refused to go (because apparently they can). I ask what the next steps were, the 911 dispatch said she can dispatch the SGT so I could file a formal complaint, but he HAS the RIGHT to not RESPOND, which he said he was not going too.

Sorry for the long post but i wanted to be clear about everything..., my question is were can i go from here?

Thanks in advance....

Default Re: Cops, witness, criminals, and me the victim get's threatend to be arrested!

my question is were can i go from here?
    go to the station and attempt to file a report of the incident as well as a complaint of the officer that responded.

If they refuse to do so, attempt to talk with the highest ranking officer at that station.

If refused, continue to go up the line;
    mayor, local prosecuting attorney, states AG, news stations, anybody that will listen.

Oh, btw, if you were blocking the other car in, you were in the wrong. You had the opportunity to call the police or a tow truck if their car was illegally parked in your area but I suspect you simply said to yourself. " I'll teach them a lesson. I'll block them in and they will just have to wait until I feel like moving to let them go".

I wouldn;t do that again lest you may be looking at some civil, or possibly even criminal, under certain circumstances, action against you.

Default Re: Cops, witness, criminals, and me the victim get's threatend to be arrested!

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    go to the station and attempt to file a report of the incident as well as a complaint of the officer that responded.

If they refuse to do so, attempt to talk with the highest ranking officer at that station.

If refused, continue to go up the line;
    mayor, local prosecuting attorney, states AG, news stations, anybody that will listen.

Oh, btw, if you were blocking the other car in, you were in the wrong. You had the opportunity to call the police or a tow truck if their car was illegally parked in your area but I suspect you simply said to yourself. " I'll teach them a lesson. I'll block them in and they will just have to wait until I feel like moving to let them go".

I wouldn;t do that again lest you may be looking at some civil, or possibly even criminal, under certain circumstances, action against you.
    See, this is the huge complication, apparently the vehical was there from well early in the afternoon. My towing company was unable to actully "tow" the car out being how it was parked. So I did weigh out those options. This person has also been warned many times b4 for parking in there, and occupying the spot. Along with the simple fact that they do have my contack information which they neglected to use. (it was writtin on the posted sign, and also on the dashboard of my truck).

Quote Quoting Legalman03
    View Post
    See, this is the huge complication, apparently the vehical was there from well early in the afternoon. My towing company was unable to actully "tow" the car out being how it was parked. So I did weigh out those options. This person has also been warned many times b4 for parking in there, and occupying the spot. Along with the simple fact that they do have my contack information which they neglected to use. (it was writtin on the posted sign, and also on the dashboard of my truck).
    A tow truck can remove a vehicle if it is parked sideways so I find it difficult to believe it sould not be towed.

I would suggest a differnent tow company if this one has no idea as to how to do it.

regardless, you do not have the right to imprison them because of your rights. Two wrongs don;t make a right, but 3 lefts do

Default Re: Police Wouldn't Make Arrest or Take a Report, and Threatened Victim With Arrest

The best thing to do when filing a complaint with about a police officer is to also file a complaint with the F.B.I Civil Rights Division, They compile all complaints on all departments in the U.S. if they see a clear violation of civil rights, they will investigate it. If they see a pattern of violations and complaints they will investigate the department etc.

It is very important to report your concerns. Having retired from law-enforcement and having been involved in many situations, investigating unethical and even criminal behavior of officers, I will tell you in layman's terms, the police will cover tier a-s. Unless you have some one looking at them. THIS IS A FACT! Be careful of what you say to them and record them. They will record you.

1. Sponsored Links