Default Request for Order of Protection Used for Harassment in Illinois

Hello, I was hoping to find some help My family is having problems with my father I live at home and am an adult .I share a home with my mother and girlfriend and father until recently. We had a dispute where my father was asked to leave by the police because of a dispute. The police said it would be better for him to leave because he had a place to go. So he did later about two weeks he filed an Op agianst me. Citing he was forced to leave because of me and my verbal and physical abuse.. So we had a OP hearing and the judge allowed him to bring up events that are and were personal. We told the judge that he was the one who harrased us and made a hostile enviroment .To make it short the judge denied his request to have a OP held against me..So later that day my sister whom he stays with in missouri asked when and if it would be a problem for him to come home. Well we weren't happy but there was nothing to stop him we said to ask if we could have a couple of days to prepare. However on the following monday I givin another petition by the sherrif for a OP which is in late october. I'm sick and tired of this he harrases my girlfriend with calls at work he has crisis center people come by to check on my mother he even labeled ther dog our pet as a animal in danger on the petition.. He recently had the utilities taken out of his name and filed the OP under pro se which means it's free for him. The judge already turned his claim down once now here is again . We know we can't stop him from coming back it's part his house whom is jointly owned by my mother .I and my girlfriend just pay rent. What can I do to stop or prevent this event. Can I by some time to hire a attorney. Can I file a suit? Someone please please help. My mother now has filed a OP against him and is planning a divorce.
    Thankyou.

Default Re: Order of Protection in Illinois

"Pro se" means he doesn't have a lawyer. I suppose that's technically "free for him". If there are no new allegations, or if the new allegations are false, you can ask the court to sanction him. (Is he mentally competent?)

When your mother files for divorce she can petition for an order granting her exclusive possession of the home while the divorce is pending. I suggest that she do that ASAP.

Default Re: Request for Order of Protection Used for Harassment in Illinois

Thankyou. However yesterday we called a referrel service call the land ** lincoln atty service that was givin to us by an agency. When my mother called they told it would be a conflict of intrest to represent her seeing that my father called them. This service was suppose to be exclusive to women in need of help. This is event starting to get nasty.
    Thank you and any further help from anyone here would be appreciated.

Default Re: Request for Order of Protection Used for Harassment in Illinois

The OP cost 205.00 and 60.00 extra for the sherriff to serve in madison co. il. So for the second time the state is eating the 265.00.

1. Sponsored Links