Default Visitation Rights During Proceedings to Terminate Parental Rights

For the last year my daughter's youngest child has been in the temporary legal custody of my husband's step brother and his wife, who have also filed in Chancery court to terminate my daughter's parental rights in order to adopt the child. My daughter has been incarcerated the majority of this time but will be released the first of October. My daughter has expressed the desire to see her daughter and will be contacting the Department of Children's Services to see what she can do to hopefully stop this adoption and also begin visitations. My question is: since there has not been a court hearing in the Chancery Court regarding the termination of parental rights or the adoption, does my brother-in-law have to abide by the Juvenile Court papers in the original custody hearing which does give my daughter supervised visitations?

Default Re: Visitation rights

Quote Quoting mommyonemoretime2
    View Post
    For the last year my daughter's youngest child has been in the temporary legal custody of my husband's step brother and his wife
    Well, ya dun lost me there, lol
    But yes, if there is some sort of a court order, all parties must follow it, unless another court order trumps it.
    If whoever has temp custody of the child, doesn't give the mom visitation, they would not be looked at favorably during the adoption process.

1. Sponsored Links