Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Swapped Inspection Sticker

What's going to happen when my idiot fiance gets pulled over and the cop realizes that there is a swapped inspection sticker? More importantly, what will happen to me, as the car is in my name.

Default Re: Swapped Inspection Sticker?

Quote Quoting odd1out
    View Post
    What's going to happen when my idiot fiance gets pulled over and the cop realizes that there is a swapped inspection sticker? More importantly, what will happen to me, as the car is in my name.
    Um, what state?
    Idiot fiance <----- That's funny!

Quote Quoting moburkes
    View Post
    Um, what state?
    Idiot fiance <----- That's funny!
    New Jersey! Gah, guess he's not the only idiot.

At risk of missing something obvious... why not have the car inspected or, if necessary, repaired and inspected? Or taking the keys back?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    At risk of missing something obvious... why not have the car inspected or, if necessary, repaired and inpsected? Or taking the keys back?

Tee-hee.... things aren't exactly perfect at the moment. If I threaten to take the car back, I get threatened with a "get out", which is what I intend to do, just not today. And, along the same token, I can't afford to get the car fixed to pass inspection.... I'm sorta stuck between a rock and a shitty man at the moment.

Quote Quoting odd1out
    View Post
    Tee-hee.... things aren't exactly perfect at the moment. If I threaten to take the car back, I get threatened with a "get out", which is what I intend to do, just not today. And, along the same token, I can't afford to get the car fixed to pass inspection.... I'm sorta stuck between a rock and a shitty man at the moment.
    How much does he know about car engines?

http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/...ibutor-cap.htm

Quote Quoting odd1out
    View Post
    And, he's still your fiance?

Quote Quoting jojo4
    View Post
    How much does he know about car engines?

http://www.expertvillage.com/videos/...ibutor-cap.htm
    HA! He doesn't know much, but his brother is a crappy mechanic. If his brother were a good one, perhaps we wouldn't be dealing with a failed car but... anyway....

As to the fiance thing well.... I'm on my way out the door, but, until I can get enough to stand on my own two feet, I have to deal with his demands regarding the car and getting out if I take it. Sorry about the Jerry Springer.... I'm just wondering if it's some sort of felony to use fake documents like that.... or if I'm going to get a ticket, or if it's going to hit my insurance, or if everything will go to him as the driver of the vehicle.

The problem I foresee is that even if the authorities accept that the falsification of the sticker was done without your knowledge (and I'm not confident that they would believe that), the vehicle could be impounded, with you responsible for towing fees, impound fees, and having the problems with the vehicle remedied and a valid inspection performed.

Also,
    Quote Quoting New Jersey Statutes 9:8-9 - Enforcement; violations, penalties
    39:8-9. a. The enforcement of this chapter shall be vested in the director and the police or peace officers of any municipality, any county or the State.

b. An owner or lessee who:
    (1) Fails or refuses to have a motor vehicle examined within the time period prescribed by the director; or

(2) After having had it examined, fails or refuses to place or display a certificate of approval, rejection sticker or waiver certificate upon the windshield or other location on the vehicle as may be prescribed by the director; or

(3) Fails or refuses to place the motor vehicle in proper condition after having had the same examined; or

(4) In any manner, fails to conform to the provisions of this chapter or the regulations adopted by the director pursuant thereto, shall be guilty of violating the provisions of this chapter, and shall be subject to a fine of not less than $100 or more than $200 or to imprisonment for not more than 30 days, or to both such fine and imprisonment.

c. A person who fraudulently obtains a certificate of approval, rejection sticker or waiver certificate, or displays or has in his possession a fictitious, altered, or stolen certificate of approval, rejection sticker or waiver certificate shall be subject to a fine of $500 for each such certificate or sticker.

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    The problem I foresee is that even if the authorities accept that the falsification of the sticker was done without your knowledge (and I'm not confident that they would believe that), the vehicle could be impounded, with you responsible for towing fees, impound fees, and having the problems with the vehicle remedied and a valid inspection performed.

Also,

Oh my god, so I could technically go to jail too???

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast