nocan i go live with my friend on these grounds?noand if so.... currently my father pays my mom child support would i be able to recive that money
Hypothetically, yes you would be emancipated from BOTH of your parents. I say hypothetically, because you will not be emancipated.or would the emancipation process legally remove me from my father as well?
I warn you. If your friend is of the opposite sex, you are going to play heck getting a court to approve of you moving into a friend's house. Emancipation is not designed to get a teen out of the home. Emancipation is to protect the minors that are already supporting themselves, for whatever reason.
- Do you have your parents' consent to move out of your home?
- Are your parents agreeable to supporting emancipation?
- Do you have a work history that allows you to fully support yourself?
- Do you have documentation showing that you are currently supporting yourself?
- Do you have a financial plan that will appease the court?