Default Annulment

I am a military member and my spouse has requested a divorce. However due to some outstanding circumstances and my beliefs I am trying to figure out weather or not I can get an annulment.
    The reasons for her request came about when I discovered that she had committed and was commiting adultery with one of my "friends" I did ask her to seek counseling and try to work things out but she refused. She would or "could" not get a job and was unwilling for the past 7 months to consumate our marriage. We have been technically married for the past year and eight months however I was deployed overseas for an entire year immediately after our union with little or no contact. Please help!

Default Consummation

If your marriage was never consummated, you may qualify for an annulment. Annulment laws vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, so you will have to check with a lawyer in the state of your official residence in order to find out if you qualify.

I see that under you name it says michigan. That is where I am from and where I got married. Oakland County.

If your marriage was never consummated, you may be able to seek an annulment on the basis of fraud. If you lived together as man and wife, she had an affair, and you subsequently attempted to reconcile and "forgave" the affair, you will probably have to get a divorce.

1. Sponsored Links