Angry Titling Real Estate To Preserve An Elderly Parent's Estate

My dad (70 yrs old) is only child. His dad died leaving 2 pieces of property to my father and his surviving mother (grandpa's wife, my grandmom) by "tenants in common w/right of survivorship". My sister & her family have lived on this family farm and farmed it for the past 10+ years. Grandmom is 89, in declining health, living alone but w/daily assistance. All parties and land are in TN.
    Dad is power of attorney to handle all of grandmom health & financial decisions. Grandmom has $$ that should last for several more yrs. Other real estate is already in dad's name. But, how does dad put the last 2 pieces of land solely in his name to avoid it possibly taken by state should grandmom run out of $ & have to go to nursing home. (Sorry, am new to this site and not sure of the correct method of posting questions.)

Default Re: Titling Real Estate To Preserve An Elderly Parent's Estate

If your grandmother needs to go into a nursing home her assets should be sold as necessary to provide for her care. Why should the rest of the people in Tennessee pay for her care?

Default Re: Titling Real Estate To Preserve An Elderly Parent's Estate

He should consult an attorney who practices in the area of Medicare planning.

1. Sponsored Links