Default Lost License, But Can't Get Ignition Interlock In Another State

I lost my license in KS, was suspended one year for dui #2. Then was assigned to an interlock device until April of 2008. I moved to Indiana/Kentucky and was told by both dmv's that neither state recognizes another states law for the device so I never got one installed and essentially to them I am still suspended until released from KS. I want to move to Phoenix, but I hear their laws are getting extremely strict. Is there anything I can do in any of these states to drive again at this point? Thank you for any help you can give!

Default Re: Lost License, But Can't Get Ignition Interlock In Another State

You have to get your suspension lifted in Kansas. Why not drive back to Kansas and get an interlock device installed?

Default Re: Interlock device and SR22 AZ

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    You have to get your suspension lifted in Kansas. Why not drive back to Kansas and get an interlock device installed?
    I talked to AZ dmv. They feel law enforcement will honor an interlock placed on the vehicle without having to go into the dmv for any kind of license. I can get it installed in AZ. I must present the paperwork given to me by KS to carry in my glove compartment if I get pulled over. When the restriction is lifted, it will reflect automatically on the NVR and then I can get my license back. Question though. I have not received any kind of a notice from my auto insurance for an SR22. It has been 1 1/2 years since my suspension. I have been paying for my insurance all along. Will this be an issue when I go to get my license back? I have had a suspension before and there were no questions asked when I reinstated. Thank you fro your thoughts. BTW, you can get an interlock device installed in almost any state.

Default Re: Interlock device and SR22 AZ

Your initial comment seemed to be a complaint that you couldn't get your interlock installed. Now you say you can. So what was your question, in the first place?

If you have not complied with Kansas law or your probation in that state, in terms of getting your license reinstated in that state, then you will have a problem getting reinstatement. I suggest verifying that you are in compliance with your probation and that you verify any documentation needs for reinstatement with the Kansas DMV.

1. Sponsored Links