Default School Zone Ticket Issued After Leaving The Zone Without Speeding

A business asssociate and I were on our way to a meeting in New York state. We had a rental car from Pennsylvania, where I'm from. I drove the posted speed limit all day. As I approached the first flashing school zone sign that morning, I slowed to 25 mph. After passing the second flashing school zone sign I proceed back to the 40 mph limit. Within 100 feet of that 2nd sign was a local police office who wrote me a ticket for going 42 in a 25 mph zone. It's not obvious, but it turms out the whole stretch of road is one school zone with numerous flashing signs.

A car in front of us that we had been following did not slow down and was almost out of sight by the time we hit the second sign. My associate thinks that he saw NY tags on the car but can't be 100% sure. Obviously he didn't get a ticket.

A local attorney said his fee would be $500 to defend me regardless of the outcome. I have no tickets or points and am a stickler for following the law. I feel that either I was pulled over in error or that the signs are not posted properly. I filed my "Not Guilty" reply and am waiting for a court date.

Any advice on what to do?

Default Re: School Zone Ticket Issued After Leaving The Zone Without Speeding

Either with or without an attorney see if you can obtain a disposition that will keep points off of your driving record, especially if the zone was properly posted according to the law.

Default Re: School Zone Ticket Issued After Leaving The Zone Without Speeding

PA will not post the out of state ticket to your record.

1. Sponsored Links