Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Criminal Harassment and Stalking With Phone Calls and Emails

Hi

I have been summoned for an arraignment in Massachusets by the district court.The charges are stalking annoying phone calls and criminal harrassment ,by sending emails and text messages.

My stand is:This is false complaint and the complainant is victimizing me due my annotations on her failed marriage.

Background information.

I met this girl via a online website.This is how we started communicating.After couple of days of emailing and instant messaging the girl asked me to give my phone number and we started taking over the phone.During our lengthy conversations,she confided in me the details about her personal life.Like she is recently seperated and her husband is asking for a divorce and how badly he treated her,but still she wants to reconcile etc etc.She used to be sucidal at times also.I used to comfort her,and this is how I got more and more compasionate about her and later we got attached.She used to call me from her bath room saying that she can;t take a shower because she feels so anxious and uncertain,and she used to ask me to be there on the phone,so she could take her shower!!!.Some times we used to talk 3 times a day and sometimes we used to talk for long durations during the night and evenings.The calls during the day time were mostly initiated by her.We spoke about for a week or so,then she insisted that we should meet,although i wasn't ready.But I said yes,because she was insisting so much.We met in the first week of May 2007.There after we met muiltiples times until 30th may.On may the 29th we had dinner in downtown boston and she was talking about moving in together.We had really long conversations in between our meetins,both over the phone and online via yahoo instant messenger.on the 30th we kind of broke off.The girl said that she needs to date other guys,to make sure that she is not missing the right one(she is 27,am 31 we both are from India).I replied saying that,this is really too much,either we keep in touch and date or we stop everything right here.But she again isisted that we shoul keep in touch and talk,and she asked me not to leave Boston,and stay in town so she can meet me when she likes.I cancelled up my plan to sign up a contract which I was about to start in connecticut.I am an Software Consultant by profession and she is a student Medical Doctor in Boston.
    We spoke for a day or two,when we had an argument ,she severly insulted me and my background and also insulted my late father.I also told her to make her realize that everyone has shortcomings and so does she has,and i commented on her dressing sense and attitude,I sent her an email telling also.Again nothing intimidating or insulting,it was very polite email,but the remarks were not pleasant,but no sluring nothing.We didn;t speak for a few days,so I thought,I might have hurt her and also since she was clininally depressed and suicidal at times,I felt that I Should call her and check on her.So I did called her around the first week of june ,she sounded normal at first,but then she sounded really anxious,we ended the phone call shortly.Thinking that she still needs my support I called her again the same evening,to my surpise the girl went hysterical vituperated at me and then threatned me to get a restraining order against me.I ended the call as soon as she spoke about the restraining order.After few days..I thought may be i didn;t understood her correctly,so I sent her few emails apologizing about my critisims.Again,nothing intimidating or threatning or annoying.Since she never replied ,I thought all is over and I wrote her a final email stating that,how much i cared for her and how much she has hurt me by abusing me.I also told her not to treat any one like she has treated me,because I really supported and cared for her during her depressive and axious mental phases.
    3 weeks passed and on 8th july,I called her again,to check how she is doing.She spoke very nicely and we cracked jokes and she said we can be friends again!!!.The last we spoke was on the 10th of july,when unfortunatelya gain we had an agurment,again the reason being she constantly used to insult/abuse my background and family either implicitly or explicityly.At this time I finally told her that it was her fault that her marriage broke off and how bad of wife she was.At this point she again got hysterical and thretned me that she is calling the cops,I was perplexed and ended the call.During the next week she says that I sent her text messages.On july 20th I get a call from the boston police department telling me to be present at a hearing !!!.Now does this makes me a criminal?.I have no crimimal record.Just because she changes her mind due her mental problem and tells the cops what ever,I get charged?.I really feel that this girl is ovvereacting.She told me on 10th july ,during our phone call,that she knows MA law better and she will use this knowledge to make me suffer/punish for my remarks.Because she conretely believed that I supported her completely and how her husband only wrong.My arraignment is scheduled in late november.Any advice?.Can I file a motion to dimiss,based on the above mentioned facts and insufficient grounds which dont comply with the statues in MA.???plzzz any help would be appreciated.I checked out some lawyers,but they said this will got my history no matter what even if the case is dismissed,this will show up on my records as a dismissal???.I really don;t want to ruin my clean record.Lawyers are to expensive for me and asking anywher between 5000 to 10000 USD for this case.I cannot affor these fees,I might have to get a state lawyer if this goes to trial.I am not guilty and shouldn;t be harrassed like this.Can I file a counter complaint against her?Based on these facts?.See to get the complete phone records,I would need a court order and to obtain that,what do I need?.I feel this counter complaint might help me achieve this.Also on Aug 8th I called the complainant and begged her to take this complaint back.She agreed initially and later on again got angry and abused at me saying what not and then telling me that she wished to punish me because I didn;t respected her.The complaint also says that I have been contacting the victims friends and family???.I don;t even know her family,according to her,her parents are in India and I have no idea who are her freinds???.Again to my surprise,at the clerk magistrates hearing the complainant,declined our dating relationship and said that we only met once in the last week of may and he is contacting me ever since.She commmited perjury for sure.May be the detective told her to lie who knows?

I am framed by her here,should I just seek my own justice or take help from the law.This is highly distressing and messing up my life.

Default Re: Criminal Harassment and Stalking With Phone Calls and Emails

Do you have a short version of that? Like, three sentences clearly stating the issue?

If you're charged with a crime, consult a criminal defense lawyer.

If you want more of an answer than that, perhaps somebody with more patience than I will come along, but you can do yourself a favor by posting a short, clear question.

Ok I request the admins to remove my question.I guess I will post specific question laters.

Thanks

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    Do you have a short version of that? Like, three sentences clearly stating the issue?

If you're charged with a crime, consult a criminal defense lawyer.

If you want more of an answer than that, perhaps somebody with more patience than I will come along, but you can do yourself a favor by posting a short, clear question.

ok here is a short question based on the above info i typed.

what are the grounds for a motion to dismiss.?.

*false complaint(i can proove this )
    *questionable jurisdiction
    *retribution by the complainant
    *no criminal history or record.

panther10758 Guest

You have an Attorney discuss the matter with him/her

Well I do not have a lawyer.So I am trying to clear my doubts here.

panther10758 Guest

You need an Attorney!! This site should not be a substitute for legal advice given by an Attorney who works in subject field

Quote Quoting panther10758
    View Post
    You need an Attorney!! This site should not be a substitute for legal advice given by an Attorney who works in subject field
    Well..that might be true,but until arraignment I Am not going to have one,I am going to request a public attourney from the court as I cannot afford private lawyers due to their high fees.And I am thinking of filing a motion to dimiss pre arraignment,so any help would be greatly appreciated.I am also looking in to the possibilities of having pro bono help.But don;t know where to find any.Some one suggested harvard law school,but no response from that service either.Thanks in advance.

panther10758 Guest

There are Attorneys who will meet with you for a "free" office visit. I suggest you find one. Perhaps they can help you get started

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast