Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Why Do Fathers Have To Pay So Much?

Guidelines indicate I will have to start paying about $1.3K-$1.4K / month in c/s payments for my two children. I earn $65K... I surely don't have an extra $1K slush fund monthly to pay this ...

How do you guys do it? That's is a tremendous difference. I don't even have a 401 that I Can say "well I'll cancel that" ...

Mom / kids are very comfortable..That's alot of money that I just can't afford. I can't imagine people paying that kind of money monthly. i would definitely understand if the kids lived in bad shape, renting, older car, old clothes, etc... but they are very comfortable: own home with significant equity, comfortable monthly payment, relatively new car, very comfortable, much comfortable than me; I rent btw, so I waste about $12K a year paying someone else's mortgage via rent. Giving her an extra $500 -$700 / mth is not going to change their lifestyle, just line her pockets..

I am an active father with the children very frequently each week / alternate wknd, after school activities, etc...

I have a $700 student loan payment btw, which I can't just wash away.

What r some of you paying for c/s out there? That much? Isn't that excessive?

Default Re: How do fathers pay sooo much ??

and how much do you suppose mom is paying for the childrens welfare?

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    and how much do you suppose mom is paying for the childrens welfare?
    Geesh JK!! You should know that mom doesn't have to pay a dime...the Good Faerie of the North takes care of the children's clothing, heat, eclectic, school supplies, medical, dental, food, accessories, housing, spending money, college funds, transportation, band aids, fees for sports and other activities...ect....

Quote Quoting Baystategirl
    View Post
    Geesh JK!! You should know that mom doesn't have to pay a dime...the Good Faerie of the North takes care of the children's clothing, heat, eclectic, school supplies, medical, dental, food, accessories, housing, spending money, college funds, transportation, band aids, fees for sports and other activities...ect....
    I just don;t know what to say

View Post
    children's clothing and bandaids cost won't change in price wheather I give $1K or $500... Her networth is much more than mines and "combined" the last four yrs her income has been higher... Trust me, my children aren't starving, lol.... they are "comfortable"

I think u missed the point...... it's not a matter of the children NOT deserving it, it's a matter of "it's not neccessary based on THEIR income".. for example, as I said her net worth is 2-3x what mines is, she owns her home with a very handsome equity and I rent...so my cash flow isn't as liquid as hers.

Quote Quoting rushplantman
    View Post
    children's clothing and bandaids cost won't change in price wheather I give $1K or $500... Her networth is much more than mines and "combined" the last four yrs her income has been higher... Trust me, my children aren't starving, lol.... they are "comfortable"

I think u missed the point...... it's not a matter of the children NOT deserving it, it's a matter of "it's not neccessary based on THEIR income".. for example, as I said her net worth is 2-3x what mines is, she owns her home with a very handsome equity and I rent...so my cash flow isn't as liquid as hers.
    No...You missed the point. Her income is not relevant. YOU are just as responsible for the children as she is.

View Post
    No...You missed the point. Her income is not relevant. YOU are just as responsible for the children as she is.
    ditto

Her income may be relevant - many states look at both parents' income when assessing child support. In addition, if the children are young, the support amount can be inflated by child care expenses.

Default Re: Why Do Fathers Have To Pay So Much?

Ok, I stand corrected. Her income in the calculations is almost always relevent but what I, and I believe Bay, were speaking to was the fact that OP felt that as long as the children were already taken car of, he did not need to toss in his money to help his children.

It was more of a moral situation than the legal one that each of us were addressing.

I presume both parents incomes were considered when the child support order was written and therefore, his claim of she earning such a greater amount became irrelevent to the situation. It was already accounted for.

Default Re: Why Do Fathers Have To Pay So Much?

I think Rushplantman has a point. Think about it! He is an active father in the children's lives, & he still pays $1300 per month. Can anyone here honestly say that CP is going through $2600 per month on the kids? I doubt it! I bet he's paying above & beyond what she pays. I think you should do this Rushplantman. Get even more involved with your children. Get to a point where they are living with you. Then you can petition the courts for child support from the mother. Since you will be the CP, who could argue that you did not need the child support. It may take a few months, but once it is done, you can relax with your kids. Let Mom run through the hoops for a change

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast