Default Experiences With Judge Judy or Judge Mathis

I would like to know if anyone has any first hand experience with either of these television shows. I recently filed a small claims court action and, shortly thereafter, I received letters from both Judge Mathis and Judge Judy offering their assistance. They both claim that if I choose to use their service and arbitrate the case on their shows, that they will guarentee, if I win the case, that the judgment will be paid (I assume by their shows). They also offer travel expenses and one also offered an appearance fee. Sounds too good to be true. I would like to hear any thoughts on pros/cons in this situation. Thank you.

Default Re: Experiences With Judge Judy or Judge Mathis

I haven't been on the shows, but I can say this - these shows like sensational cases, and they like situations where one (or both) of the people involved will be embarrassed or humiliated on TV. If you agree to do a show, make sure that the person who will be embarrassed is going to be "the other guy".

1. Sponsored Links