Default Employer Threating Legal Action for H1B Expenses

Hi,

I came to US on H1B of Company A and gave my H1B petition papers to company B for transfer. But Company B being a small company there was a query on the H1B transfer petition. He said to me that it is big company with good number of employees and clients but it was not true. Then Company B has filed another transfer petition and even there was a query on this petition too. Later I transferred my H1B petition with company C and I resigned company A and started working with Company C. Two weeks back the H1B transfer petition of Company B is also approved.

Now Company B is asking me to pay the H1B fees and expenses incurred by them. If not they are going to take legal action against me. I have signed on a employment contract as part of the documents required for H1B petition transfer. He is saying with the help of that contract he can take legal action against me. Moreover he is also threating me saying that he is paying for my medical and running my payroll so that IRS knows that I am working for him. Where as I have never joined him. Moreover I was never informed that he is running my payroll, The only documents that I have signed for him as part of H1b petition transfer is Offer letter and employment contract. The employer is based out of Ohio.

Can anyone please let me know whether the employer can take legal action against me and whether I will be liable to pay for any damaged.

Regards,
    Vinay

Default Re: Employer Threating Legal Action for H1B Expenses

What they can do depends upon what's in your contract. Have the contract reviewed by a lawyer to determine if they in fact are entitled to try to get compensation and, if so, whether their misrepresentations breach the contract such that it is no longer owed.

1. Sponsored Links