Default Girlfriend's Mother Has Proof of Statutory Rape

I'm a 21 year old male who resides in florida , i've been dating my girlfriend who is now 16 for about 1 year. We unfourtanetly rushed things and had sexual relations when she was 15 going on 16. Her mother found out and threaten to call the cops if i didnt stay away from her daughter. Its been a year of the same things , her mother happens to have an aim conversation between me and her daughter in which we spoke about the sexual intercourse .
    We do not plan on breaking up , but we definately do not have plans to have any sexual intercourse anymore , my question is
    how much trouble can i get into if her mom finally decides to call the cops?
    another thing
    when my girlfriend is 18 , can that stuff still be used against me ?
    any and every advice would be highly appreciated
    thanks in advance

Default Re: Girlfirend's Mother Has Proof of Statutory Rape

What state did the sexual relations occur in?

Yes, you could theoretically be charged with a crime even after she turns 18. However, proof would be a problem ... though the chat conversation would help.

You do realize that if you continue to see her against mom's wishes you can go to jail for a number of things, right? Is this a risk you are willing to take? If mom wants to, she can make your life heck, and this charge can come to life when you least want it to.

Love will wait til she's 18 ... though I suspect this is more about biology than love.

- Carl
    Retired Cal Cop Sergeant & Teacher

Seek justice,
    Love mercy,
    Walk humbly with your God

-- Courageous, by Casting Crowns ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM-gDcmJeM

Default Re: Girlfriend's Mother Has Proof of Statutory Rape

Thank you so much for the advice , thing is though as hard as it may be to believe i actually love her with everything thats in me , and i cant stay away from her because it just hurts to be away from her ( as corny as it sounds )

i need to come up with something though , because im under a lot of stress
    and if i leave her even if its just until she turns 18 she will be devastated and i dont want to put her through a break up type phase specially since she basically has picked me over her family ( even though i told her that it shouldnt be this way )

I want to know if i can still be changed with anything if we are still together when shes 18 because her family will do anything in their power to break us up even years from now

also how much proof do they need ?
    are the conversations enough ?
    any more advice would be highly appreciated

and this is all happening in florida by the way

Your girlfriend would also have to testify against you. Whether or not she would depends on her relationships with you and her mother. But think about this. Why see a girl when you don't have the family's blessings? A lifetime registering as a sex offender isn't really worth a few stolen moments of fun is it? Nor do I think that 3 years in prison with fines of several thousand dollars plus the fees for sex offender classes with loss of jobs, community distrust and your poster in the sheriff's office would be to keen. Also, I would bet that as soon as you are arrested, your girl will be on to the next chap. At her age she meets new blokes every day and soon you would be a forgotten footnote in her history. But alas my fine lad, YOU will still be paying for your little indiscretion for a life time.

Quote Quoting soliddeus
    View Post
    Thank you so much for the advice , thing is though as hard as it may be to believe i actually love her with everything thats in me , and i cant stay away from her because it just hurts to be away from her ( as corny as it sounds )

i need to come up with something though , because im under a lot of stress
    and if i leave her even if its just until she turns 18 she will be devastated and i dont want to put her through a break up type phase specially since she basically has picked me over her family ( even though i told her that it shouldnt be this way )

I want to know if i can still be changed with anything if we are still together when shes 18 because her family will do anything in their power to break us up even years from now

also how much proof do they need ?
    are the conversations enough ?
    any more advice would be highly appreciated

and this is all happening in florida by the way
    Even though you care about her it's in your best interest to stay away. You can be facing prison time, fines, and a life long registration as an offender. From what I hear about Florida you could be forced out of your home because of the residential restrictions on offenders. Doesn't sound like much of a life to me...

After she turns 18 you could still be charged, but it would be a lot more difficult.

How much proof do they need? Well, probably a lot more then a chat log. By it's self a chat log really isn't evidence. Anybody that knows how to use a word processor and cut&paste can edit a chat log. So I wouldn't think this would constitute as proof.

Dude - You're thinking with the wrong head.

You're young - you aren't in love - you just think you are.

She's even younger - I gurantee you she's not in love with you.

It's not worth it.

If I'm wrong - if it's destiny - then SHE WILL still be there when she's 18.

Sex offender registry laws are getting tougher everyday - you are going to be 70 and not be able to rent an apartment for what you did when you were 21 I gurantee you.

I gurantee you she has told her mom - Her moms statement to the police that her daughter told her she was sexually abused is already probable cause to have you arrested. They will force your girlfriend to testify and a 16 year old girl on a witness stand will be made to crack by even a 2nd year law student. She doesn't stand a chance with a seasoned DA.

The mom is doing you a FAVOR right now for not calling the police - I wouldn't tempt fate. Stay away from the girl and her mother - make them forget you exist.

1. Sponsored Links