Default Mother Limiting Visitation Prior to Custody Hearing in Iowa

Iowa custody hearing in 4 weeks
    The mother of my 10 month old daughter said she is decreasing the times and amount of visitation I can have with my daughter prior to the custody hearing in 4 weeks. I had 2 (3 hour) visits twice a week, now it will be just one 3 hour visit a week. She said her lawyer told her she did not have to give me more than 3 hours a week and she is breast feeding.
    She said her lawyer said I would not get overnight visits for 2 1/2 years because she is nursing and the baby is a girl.
    We had a pre-trial meeting where she lost it over the baby being away from her for more the 3 hours because she is NURSING! ( she uses family members as babysitters)
    My lawyer told her to use her breast pump during my visits.
    Since that meeting, she had been verbally abuse and hostile towards me.
    I think her lawyer told her to not get along with me so she can get sole custody.
    Yesterday she sent me an ugly email. I didn't respond, just forwarded it to my lawyer. He filed a visitation order. I have no idea how long that will take or what I will get. I want at least every other weekend and 2 nights a week.
    My question is do I have a chance at joint or will she automatically get sole because she is nursing. If she gets sole, can I reapply after she is done nursing?

Default Re: mother limiting visitation prior to custody hearing - Iowa

Iowa custody hearing in 4 weeks
    The mother of my 10 month old daughter said she is decreasing the times and amount of visitation I can have with my daughter prior to the custody hearing in 4 weeks. I had 2 (3 hour) visits twice a week, now it will be just one 3 hour visit a week. She said her lawyer told her she did not have to give me more than 3 hours a week and she is breast feeding.
    Well, the breast feeding really has nothing to do with it. However, as there is no order, technically, that is correct. Be sure your atty brings this issue up in court. It doesn't really reflect well on her.

She said her lawyer said I would not get overnight visits for 2 1/2 years because she is nursing and the baby is a girl.
    Stop paying any attention to what she tells you. If she truly thinks that, she's going to be sorely disappointed.
    We had a pre-trial meeting where she lost it over the baby being away from her for more the 3 hours because she is NURSING! ( she uses family members as babysitters)
    My lawyer told her to use her breast pump during my visits.
    Since that meeting, she had been verbally abuse and hostile towards me.
    I think her lawyer told her to not get along with me so she can get sole custody.
    Yesterday she sent me an ugly email. I didn't respond, just forwarded it to my lawyer. He filed a visitation order. I have no idea how long that will take or what I will get. I want at least every other weekend and 2 nights a week.
    My question is do I have a chance at joint or will she automatically get sole because she is nursing. If she gets sole, can I reapply after she is done nursing?
    [/QUOTE]

Just keep records of her behavior.

Nursing does not give her some huge advantage. She can pump milk or you can supplement with formula. Let her have her little fantasy while she can. The judge will set her straight.

Either she is mis-quoting the attorney or the attorney is an idiot. The sex of the child is irrelevant.

Is your ex really planning on breast feeding till the child is 2 and a half years old??????!!?
    By 14 months the child should be eating table food and drinking milk and juice.

By 14 months the child should be eating table food and drinking milk and juice.
    Mine started eating whatever they were capable of eating when they started getting teeth. I nursed all of mine until their first birthday, but I was not the only "buffet" in town.

Quote Quoting jojo4
    View Post
    Mine started eating whatever they were capable of eating when they started getting teeth. I nursed all of mine until their first birthday, but I was not the only "buffet" in town.
    Both of mine were on nothing but table food and milk be 11 months...they were little piggies though..lol!! The eldest was drinking 79 oz a day by 2 weeks..the pedi said to give her cereal in her bottle at night...I did that 3 times a day and she then was down to 35 oz a day....oink oink...

Quote Quoting Baystategirl
    View Post
    Either she is mis-quoting the attorney or the attorney is an idiot. The sex of the child is irrelevant.
    Didn't we recently have something similar at FA? If I remember correctly, a mother was posting, that her attorney told her that the father couldn't have overnites until age 6, because the child is a female. Of course we told her to get a new attorney, ASAP.

Hmm, I wonder if that was this poster's ex? Interesting thought.

Quote Quoting Xena
    View Post
    Didn't we recently have something similar at FA? If I remember correctly, a mother was posting, that her attorney told her that the father couldn't have overnites until age 6, because the child is a female. Of course we told her to get a new attorney, ASAP.

Hmm, I wonder if that was this poster's ex? Interesting thought.
    I remember answering that post. I think it was at LLT.

Quote Quoting jojo4
    View Post
    I remember answering that post. I think it was at LLT.

Edit: Nope, it was right here.

http://www.expertlaw.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29982

Quote Quoting jojo4
    View Post
    Thanks, at least we know now that it wasn't this OP's ex.

1. Sponsored Links