Exclamation Paternity and Name Change in Florida

I have been married for 10 years, however for about 2 years my husband & I sepreated and contemplated divorce. During this time I got pregnant and thought the man I was seeing at the time was the father of my child, as it turns out he was not.

My husband & I got back together no (we never divorced) and we had a certified DNA test so it will hold up in court, I filed a name change but the courts are telling me I need to file a paternity establishement motion, and I also need to petition the father listed on the birth cert. (the man I was seeing during my seperation) even though I have a DNA test proving my husband is the father and the other man is not!??????????????????

Now my question is; do I petition both my husband and the other man? If so the documents I printed off of Flcourts website require the partys to submit info not relevant to the case-such as a financial form-why should the other man, who is not the father be subject to provide all his personal information in this case?

Also my options under the paternity part of the motion are: paternity has been established by law, or On (date) name/name engaged in sexual intercourse and the child at question is name.......etc.? CONFUSED!!!

Feel free to email any questions pertaining to this!

Default Re: Paternity and Name Change in Florida

You named the other man as the child's legal father, so he needs to be notified of court proceedings affecting his status. If he doesn't want to contest your petition, he doesn't have to prove a thing or even to appear in court.

You would check the box for the manner in which paternity was established.

Paternity was established via a DNA test, that is not an option. The options are; as by the law, or the breakdown of our sexual relashons designating the man as the father, of which he is not......HELP!!!

There are two options listed? This isn't hard. If paternity was not established by law, then you don't check that box and fill in the other information. If it was, you check that box and don't fill in the other information.

1. Sponsored Links