Default Toyota Prius "Park" Button

I pushed the "P" button on my prius today and I saw the button go in and heard it. I got out of the car started unstrapping my daughter from her car sear and the car rolled back. I couldn't do anything before it hit a bus on the street! It was only a matter of 3 feet. The back end of the prius is messed up about $6000 of damages. Insurance will pay but I have to pay for a rental for 3 weeks (should of bought rental coverage), and I don't have medical insurance coverage.
    Can I ask Toyota for some financial help in this matter or do they not care? I have no knowledge of the legal system and how things work, but I am a school teacher out of work for the summer and quite broke.
    Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
    Thank you

Default Re: Toyota Prius "park" button

Does it have a parking brake? If so, did you use it? Did you park with your wheels turned so that if it rolled, for whatever reason, it would roll into the curb and stop?

I did not put on the parking brake, which it does have. I was stopping for a few minutes. Yes, I will use the parking brake from now on but I also relied on the car to be in park when I pushed the button. I did not park on a curb, I parked at a car wash along the side walk...

After the accident, the park button was still depressed?

Default Re: Toyota Prius "Park" Button

The park button never engaged even though I thought it had...
    That is why I have a problem with this feature and think it could happen to many people. It is just that most people don't get out of their cars so fast.

1. Sponsored Links