Default Establishing Paternity And Formal Custody in Missouri

my ex and i split up at the end of april 2007 she left our 2 year old son with me for over a month. on june 11th she came with the police and took my son from me because i was not on the birth certificate. she then decided to marry a guy in morocco for money and got my son and herself a passport to go there. they were to leave on july 5th. i got a court order that she could not leave the county with my son. i had my investigator go to serve her the papers and she got scared and told me that if i got rid of the investigator she would give me my son so i did. so i never got her served to appear in court. she left a day later to marry this guy and a month and a half later told me she is pregnant with him. i have a video of her explaining to me how she is getting paid for her marriage and all. it is very very detailed. i handed it over to immigrations because it is marriage fraud. i got a dna test done and i am the father. i do have a lawyer, for some reason i can't get on the birth certificate unless she is present in court. she is due back here on septemer 5th. she basically chose this marriage for money over her son. i am so nervous because she may try to come here with the police again and try to take him from me. i have tried everythig to get some kind of temp custody or anything to prevent it. i don't want to have to go in hiding. she cost me a ton of money just trying to keep my son from going to morocco. she basically abandoned him 2 times now and she has mental problems. why don't they give a father any respect and help in times like this. it seems like they only care about the mother when i am the one who has fought and am very stable and financially set. what can i do to protect my son from being taken again. what is the outlook on me getting custody after her doing all of this and leaving him for so long i really really need some help thanks
    jim
    i do have a lawyer

Default Re: Establishing Paternity And Formal Custody in Missouri

i know that this all sounds crazy but, i only wish i could make this up. it is totally true and she may be arrested for marriage fraud because i contacted immigrations enforcement agency and gave them the video and alot of other information that i have. my lawyer was blown away by it all. he couldn't believe someone could do something this insane

Sounds like you have a good, solid case, for joint custody, with you having physical.
    Another week, and you will know for sure. If you're worried she will come by with the police again, take a vacation, away from the house until then.

Quote Quoting cobrajim1977
    View Post
    i do have a lawyer, for some reason i can't get on the birth certificate unless she is present in court.
    Can you find out from your lawyer what that "some reason" is?

Was the paternity test a court ordered DNA test, or was it a test that you had done privately?

he said that she has to be present in court to get my name amended to the birth certificate and since we were not able to get her served papers she has no obligation to the court yet.i had a choice of getting my son so he wouldn't go morocco or getting her served and chose my son. my lawyer advised me to get a legal dna test. the courts did not.

Have your process server serve her when she gets back into the country. If you have not done so already, talk to your lawyer about temporary or interim orders preventing the child from being removed from the court's jurisdiction while your case is pending.

1. Sponsored Links