Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Infrastructure Development

What is a consensus on the IRS providing free online account access to an individuals own tax record?

As a form of conduit to a public sector market, this type of infrastructure could have the beneficial effect of encouraging participation in the financial consumer affairs of our form of statism.

Default Re: Infrastructure Development

I am not aware of any consensus on the subject.

How about a simple opinion? Online account access could make being a consumer of our form of statism, much simpler; and could result in greater compliance, at lower cost with the requirements of government.

from the content of your postings, I can only surmise you are confined in a very small room that has no windows. Your ideas generally lack any real world applications or if they do, are simply bad ideas.

as well, do you really have any idea as to the definition of "statism?

Definitions of statism on the Web:
    • The heavy intervention of the state in societal affairs, especially in the economic system.
      www.comune.venezia.it/atlante/documents/glossary/nelson_glossary.htm

• Statism is a term to describe any economic system where a government implements a significant degree of centralized economic planning, which may include state ownership of the means of production, as opposed to a system where the overwhelming majority of economic planning occurs at a decentralized level by private individuals in a relatively free market. ...
      en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statism
    I was not aware that our government was in the practice of actively competing with private sector companies. Actually, they often support private enterprise rather than maintain control via governmental ownership. (e.g. NASA, which itself may be publically funded, supports a multiude of private enterprises through its' requests for materials and engineering from the private sector)

and could result in greater compliance, at lower cost with the requirements of government
    right now, it costs me about 41 cents (per year)(other than the actual taxes required) to comply with the requirements of the IRS. Not sure where anything online would reduce those costs. My internet service costs more than twice that daily.

As usual, you attempt to present some argument which has no true purpose and you refuse to explain your argument using any details. You escape to some BS world where simply repeating yourself over and over agains is acceptable as explanation or continue to attempt to cause confusion with unintelligable comments.

In the sense of this argument, I am using statism, as a convenient container for states and their consumer base as a form of statism. A contrast would be anarchy and anarchism.

I am not sure how you reached you conclusion about competition with the private sector. The public sector has a legal monopoly on taxation.

Are you implying that manually processing income tax information is more cost effective than electronic forms of processing information? Anecdotal evidence from the private sector suggests that is not the case.

In the sense of this argument, I am using statism, as a convenient container for states and their consumer base as a form of statism. A contrast would be anarchy and anarchism.
    so, you admit you do not know the ddefinition of statism. That is often the first step to a solution of your problems.

I am not sure how you reached you conclusion about competition with the private sector. The public sector has a legal monopoly on taxation.
    what the hell are you talking about? of course the government has a monoploy on taxation. by virtue of the purposes of taxes, they are the only entity that has the need or taxation.

Duh!!!!

Are you implying that manually processing income tax information is more cost effective than electronic forms of processing information? Anecdotal evidence from the private sector suggests that is not the case.
    like I said. it costs me 41 cents to file my taxes. Hard to get cheaper than that.

Quote Quoting danielpalos
    View Post
    How about a simple opinion? Online account access could make being a consumer of our form of statism, much simpler; and could result in greater compliance, at lower cost with the requirements of government.
    Currently, there are free online tax programs. I have used one in particular for the last 3 years. I have my money direct deposited into my account (for free) and the money is in my account within 2 weeks. Now, my taxes are fairly simple so I am not sure if this program would work for everyone. But it works great for me.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    so, you admit you do not know the ddefinition of statism. That is often the first step to a solution of your problems.

what the hell are you talking about? of course the government has a monoploy on taxation. by virtue of the purposes of taxes, they are the only entity that has the need or taxation.

Duh!!!!

like I said. it costs me 41 cents to file my taxes. Hard to get cheaper than that.
    I understand the political science version of forms of statism. I also understand how I apply my version of statism to specific issues.

If we agree that the public sector has a legal monopoly on taxation, then how did you reach this conclusion, "I was not aware that our government was in the practice of actively competing with private sector companies. Actually, they often support private enterprise rather than maintain control via governmental ownership. (e.g. NASA, which itself may be publically funded, supports a multiude of private enterprises through its' requests for materials and engineering from the private sector)"

With a free online personal IRS account, it would cost you less than you are currently paying to maintain accurate information with that public sector agency.

I understand the political science version of forms of statism. I also understand how I apply my version of statism to specific issues.
    that still does not mean you are using the term correctly.

If we agree that the public sector has a legal monopoly on taxation, then how did you reach this conclusion, "I was not aware that our government was in the practice of actively competing with private sector companies. Actually, they often support private enterprise rather than maintain control via governmental ownership. (e.g. NASA, which itself may be publically funded, supports a multiude of private enterprises through its' requests for materials and engineering from the private sector)"
    what does one have to do with the other? The quote you present was dealing with "statism". It did not envolve taxes.

With a free online personal IRS account, it would cost you less than you are currently paying to maintain accurate information with that public sector agency.
    and what would this account provide a person that would save anybody any money? I do not see how the fact I would have access to a current review of my account would save any money. On the contrary, I see it as an additioanl expense simply to set up and maintain such a system.

I am applying the term correctly, as it relates to our discussion; even if it is not what is generally understood by that term.

Can you imagine taxes, without the use of statism?

Simple cost reductions resulting from electronic processing and ease of use could be used to reduce those costs to the individual consumer of statism.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast