Default Father Seeking Joint Custody and Joint Physical Placement of a Newborn in Wisconsin

What are the chances of getting everything split 50/50 with my new daughter! The mother owns a home and has 2 children from a previous marriage. She works as a receptionist at a hospital, and is not currently in a relationship. I am currently living in a duplex with my new girlfriend who is a bartender. I am a self-employed carpenter. I want joint custody and joint physical placement of my daughter. Is living with my girlfriend going to hurt my chances of this? The mother does not want our baby to be around my girlfriend at all, because she thinks I left her for her. What are some things I can do to help get everything 50/50? Our first court date is October 15th. No custody has been established yet. We were never married.

Thank you

Default Re: Father Seeking Joint Custody and Joint Physical Placement of a Newborn in Wiscons

The odds of a 50% parenting time split with a newborn infant are exceedingly low. I doubt that there is a psychologist in the country who would honestly opine that such an arrangement would not have a high probability of being detrimental to the child. The girlfriend shouldn't be a significant factor.

1. Sponsored Links