Default Incorporation of a Non-Profit

On the articles of incorp, I have to check one or the other. This corporation is a A. public benefit corp or B. Mutual benefit corp. I am not sure what I am. I am trying to start a non-profit corp that helps single women and children with education, finances, counseling.

Also it says The name and complete address of the corporation's initial registered agent and office in TN is. Can I put my name and address there?

It also says list the name and complete address of each incorporator. I assume that would mean, me and anyone else that is helping me? Board members?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Default Re: Incorporation of a Non-Profit

If you intend to be a 501(C)(3) organization, you would apparently select "public benefit corporation".
    Quote Quoting Tennessee Code 48-68-104. Public benefit and mutual benefit corporations.
    On January 1, 1988, each domestic corporation existing on January 1, 1988, that is or becomes subject to chapters 51-68 of this title, shall be designated as a public benefit or a mutual benefit corporation as follows:

(1) Any corporation designated by statute as a public benefit corporation or a mutual benefit corporation is the type of corporation designated by statute;

(2) Any corporation which does not come within subdivision (1) but which is recognized as exempt under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3)), or any successor section, is a public benefit corporation;

(3) Any corporation which does not come within subdivision (1) or (2), but which is organized for a public or charitable purpose and which upon dissolution must distribute its assets to the United States, a state or a person which is recognized as exempt under 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or any successor section, is a public benefit corporation; and

(4) Any corporation which does not come within subdivision (1), (2) or (3) is a mutual benefit corporation.

1. Sponsored Links