Default Kinda like Alienation of Affection

I live in Michigan where I have read that alienation of Affection doesn't exsist anymore. My case is possibly a little different. I want to start a case against my ex-lover. We are both married, he pulled me into his life with nothing but lies and deceit. He knows what a big hearted person I am so he hit me right off with telling me he had a major medical problem and he needed me because he had nobody else and he was truely alone. There were many times I had tried to break it off with this man and he would always make me feel guilty because I promised I would be there for him thru his medical stuff. I admit I fell head over heels in love with this man, his sweet talk and lies did it. I ended up moving out of my home, leaving my family, husband and kids while he continued to keep all his family stuff in tact. After 4 months I got really tired of this and decided to move back home, and my husband did accept me back home, but this whole time the ex-lover still had his hold on me, telling me how much in love with me he was and how he wanted a future with me and etc. Well to make a long story short, I found out not only did this man have a 28 yr marriage but a 21 yr affair with his mistress and found out that what he had done to me he had done numerous times in the past to women. His wife filled me in on all that after I finally got the nerve to call and talk to her. She told me she was going to be thru with him this time, that she was divorcing him. My major complaint is this man is such a professional at home wrecking with all his lies and deceit I was wondering if I had a leg to stand on in court against this man. My whole family has been thru so much because of this mans lies and deceit. Please tell me......is there anything legally I can do?

Default Alienation of Affection

HELLO---IS ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT CAN HELP ME WITH MY QUESTION?????????

Default Alienation of Affection

As you noted, alienation of affection is no longer a valid cause of action in Michigan - and if it were, it would be your husband (not you) who would have the claim. Breach of promise to marry, also, is not a valid cause of action in Michigan.

1. Sponsored Links