Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: Legal Theory and Politics: Private Social Contracts and the Constution

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    Maybe if you would state your position clearly, rather than digressing into issues of constitutional law which are well outside of your understanding, we would be able to figure out what you think you are talking about.
    Thank you aaron. Each consecutive post is worse than the previous. I can't figure out who Daniel is trying to impress.

Default Re: Legal Theory and Politics: Private Social Contracts and the Constution

Quote Quoting danielpalos
    View Post
    You are always welcome to your opinion, even if it is based on fallacies.

I would be happy to hear a cogent rebuttal to the implied premise: In other words, what specific power is granted to the federal government; that would nullify the authority of the Ninth Amendment and a form of pursuing happiness (even if only in the form of a private profit motive); that results in a contract and obligation of an employment relationship between those private individuals.
    It seems to me that the only opinion you care about is your own. If people don't agree with you, they are wrong (or have their opinions based in fallacy). Why not start you own debate board - then you can ramble to your hearts content.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    can you tell me where this is in practice? and what does this have to do with unemployment payments at will?

Your ramblings are nearly incoherent.
    This thread only deals with unemployment issues, incidentally. I try to use simple American English, whenever possible.

To clarify what this thread is about I will repost it for you: Re: Legal Theory and Politics: Private Social Contracts and the Constitution

Quote Quoting cbent2005
    View Post
    It seems to me that the only opinion you care about is your own. If people don't agree with you, they are wrong (or have their opinions based in fallacy). Why not start you own debate board - then you can ramble to your hearts content.
    I thought this was the debate forum, not the Peoples' Committee on Officially Accepted Public Dogma forum.

Developing a habit of using the known fallacies of ignoratio elenchi, argumentum ad hominem, and argumentum ad populum may be useful in the legal sector, but it does nothing to further understanding in an actual debate where reason and logic are placed firmly in their seat.

You are more than welcome to actually use logic and reason in this debate.

View Post
    I thought this was the debate forum, not the Peoples' Committee on Officially Accepted Public Dogma.

Developing a habit of using the known fallacies of ignoratio elenchi, argumentum ad hominem, and argumentum ad populum may be useful in the legal sector, but it does nothing to further understanding in an actual debate where reason and logic are placed firmly in their seat.

You are more than welcome to actually use logic and reason in this debate.
    You are correct (about the debate forum). Your neverending ramblings and attempts to impress us with your vocabulary are putting most of us to sleep. Like I said before, if people don't agree with your point of view, you consider them uniformed and ingnorant. You lecture - you don't debate.

This thread only deals with unemployment issues, incidentally. I try to use simple American English, whenever possible.
    then what is this statement doing in a previous post on this thrread? :

Your focus on guaranteed employment is too narrow. A truer form of providing for the general Welfare, would be to encourage at-will forms of unemployment compensation, in states that have at-will employment laws.
    To clarify what this thread is about I will repost it for you: Re: Legal Theory and Politics: Private Social Contracts and the Constitution
    ya, and what about them? I asked you to give example of what you believe is being denied due to a consitutional restriction that you believe is in error. You have failed to do so. You seem to like to simply repeat the same ramblings continually through a thread and do not progress your point.

I try to use simple American English, whenever possible.
    that does not mean your statements are coherent.

Quote Quoting cbent2005
    View Post
    You are correct (about the debate forum). Your neverending ramblings and attempts to impress us with your vocabulary are putting most of us to sleep. Like I said before, if people don't agree with your point of view, you consider them uniformed and ingnorant. You lecture - you don't debate.
    You will notice that I also do not need to resort to known fallacies, in an attempt to achieve a form of appeal to authority (e.g. to the Peoples' Committee of Elders of the Legal Profession).

I am not working on a dissertation for an intellectual degree; therefore, I don't have a private profit motive to impress anyone about this topic. How did you reach your conclusion?

You are more than welcome to give your opinion of this premise:

What specific power is enumerated to the federal government; that would nullify the authority of the Ninth Amendment and a form of pursuing happiness (even if only in the form of a private profit motive); that results in a contract and obligation of an employment relationship between those private individuals?

View Post

What specific power is enumerated to the federal government; that would nullify the authority of the Ninth Amendment and a form of pursuing happiness (even if only in the form of a private profit motive); that results in a contract and obligation of an employment relationship between those private individuals?
    who said there is one? You have yet to offer evidence of such restriction yet you continue to make these arguments.

Here is the answer; there isn;t one.

Now dispute my claim, and give proof.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    then what is this statement doing in a previous post on this thrread? :

ya, and what about them? I asked you to give example of what you believe is being denied due to a constitutional restriction that you believe is in error. You have failed to do so. You seem to like to simply repeat the same ramblings continually through a thread and do not progress your point.

that does not mean your statements are coherent.
    You may have missed the point I am making.

The only constitutional restrictions I am concerned with are the Ninth and Tenth Amendments and their restrictions on the power of the various governments that derive their authority from that constitution.

Can you cite where in the US Constitution, there is any specifically enumerated power granted to our federal congress, that nullifies the authority of the 9A and 10A?

Our federal government only has the authority to regulate commerce, not prohibit commerce. Setting official weights and measures standards is more beneficial to an economy than micromanagement via command (legislated) economics.

View Post
    You may have missed the point I am making.

The only constitution restrictions I am concerned with are the Ninth and Tenth Amendments and their restrictions on the power of the various governments that derive their authority from that constitution.

Can you cite where in the US Constitution, there is any specifically enumerated power granted to our federal congress, that nullifies the authority of the 9A and 10A?

Our federal government only has the authority to regulate commerce, not prohibit commerce. Setting official weights and measures standards is more beneficial to an economy than micromanagement via command (legislated) economics.
    until you offer evidence that there is actually such restriction, I will remove myself from this discussion.

Your statements are not logical nor are they logically related.

btw: regulating something would include prohibiting that thing as well. Prohibition is regulation.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast