Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Personal Information Posted By Perverted Justice

I'm joining various legal message boards in the hopes somebody can help me. If this is in the wrong section my apologies to the staff.

*sighs* I haven't done anything illegal so I hope I won't get banned.

I'm 19 and I live in New Jersey. I'm a pedophile. Regardless of my views on the subject, I don't act. It's not that it's just a "matter of time" before I rape. Many pedophiles never act in their life and that statement is supported by sex researchers Ralph Underwager and Holida Wakefield in Special Problems with Sexual Abuse Cases:

"Although the terms are often used interchangeably, a distinction must be made between _sex offender against a minor_ and _pedophile_. The former refers to a criminal sexual behavior and the latter to an anomalous sexual preference. Many pedophiles never act on their impulses. At the same time, not all sex offenders against a minor are pedophiles."

For the last 2 years or so I've been active on pro pedophile message boards(nothing illegal, just discussion). I've needed emotional support because the attractions I have more often than not make me depressed. Early this morning I was talking with a member of a message board I'm at through IM who claimed he was also a pedophile, he hacked into my computer and now all my personal information is on a site run by the same people that do Perverted Justice. My name, IP address, a picture, my location, EVERYTHING. Is this harassment? Is this legal? Is there any way that I can get my personal info removed? I fear for my life that some vigilante that lives near me will see my page and break into my house and bring harm to me. What can I do?

Default Re: Personal information/Perverted Justice

I am really biting my lip here to not jump on you...sigh...

Didn't it occur to you that those boards are monitored by Perverted Justice and Law Enforcement?

Again, is it legal to post personal information on a website about somebody without their permission?

How did they get this information? That is to say, did you give them the picture and your name and location?

Default Re: Personal Information Posted By Perverted Justice

The guy sent me a PM on a message board asking if we could talk on MSN messenger. I was just talking to him on IM, I gave him a fake picture as a joke and said something like, I'm a sexy beast, no?

Something didn't feel right because he was really quiet so I signed off. Next thing I knew somebody on another board told me I was on the site. They ****ing got my picture from my MySpace and I haven't logged in to my account for well over a year. It was hacking. They've shared my IP on the site as well as where I live. I DID NOT tell them my name or where I lived.

Is there a way I can speak to a lawyer online about this for free? Would a lawyer even want to help me out?

Quote Quoting Xthat90skidX
    View Post
    The guy sent me a PM on a message board asking if we could talk on MSN messenger. I was just talking to him on IM, I gave him a fake picture as a joke and said something like, I'm a sexy beast, no?

Something didn't feel right because he was really quiet so I signed off. Next thing I knew somebody on another board told me I was on the site. They ****ing got my picture from my MySpace and I haven't logged in to my account for well over a year. It was hacking. They've shared my IP on the site as well as where I live. I DID NOT tell them my name or where I lived.

Is there a way I can speak to a lawyer online about this for free? Would a lawyer even want to help me out?
    if he got your pic from myspace, how do you consider that hacking? IP's are not private privilaged info either. Anytime you are online, those with the knowledge of how to see it can.

So far, problems with what they did.

Without knowing exactly what you told this guy, there is no way for anybody here to determine if anything was taken illegaly or not.

Are you really thinking you might file a lawsuit againstn an unknown person for defamation because you gave them personal information about yourself being a pedophile and they exposed you?

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    if he got your pic from myspace, how do you consider that hacking? IP's are not private privilaged info either. Anytime you are online, those with the knowledge of how to see it can.

So far, problems with what they did.

Without knowing exactly what you told this guy, there is no way for anybody here to determine if anything was taken illegaly or not.
    How did he get my MySpace in the first place? I never shared it at any pedophile message board and again, it's been over a year since I logged in.

I told him NOTHING. There was nothing to say!

Quote Xthat90skidX:
    For the last 2 years or so I've been active on pro pedophile message boards(nothing illegal, just discussion). .... Early this morning I was talking with a member of a message board I'm at through IM who claimed he was also a pedophile, he hacked into my computer and now all my personal information is on a site run by the same people that do Perverted Justice.
    You're 19 now? You were 17 years old and for the "last 2 years or so" you've been on message boards with pedophiles as you said.

And early this morning you exchanged a picture with "somebody". He hacked your computer today and now all the information (you have provided to anyone interested in reading) about you is on a website warning people that you are the pedophile you claim to be.

Something didn't feel right because he was really quiet so I signed off. Next thing I knew somebody on another board told me I was on the site. They ****ing got my picture from my MySpace and I haven't logged in to my account for well over a year.
    If you need support for your mental illness, see a doctor, psychiatrist, social worker or counselor and get support from professionals who are required to protect your privacy. Other members of a message board that you use to willing expose yourself has no legal obligation to contain that same information.

Quote Quoting Xthat90skidX
    View Post
    How did he get my MySpace in the first place? I never shared it at any pedophile message board and again, it's been over a year since I logged in.

I told him NOTHING. There was nothing to say!
    he googled you...

1. Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast