Default I'm Living With My Boyfriend In California

i'm 17 years old and ive been living with my boyfriend at his parents house for about 8 months now. up until this summer, i had been enrolled at another school district where i had been living with my dad. i want to change districts this upcoming school year to be closer to my new home with my boyfriend as well as closer to my job. my dad is completely understanding and okay with me staying here and my boyfriends parents wouldnt want things any other way. how should my dad go about signing over guardianship to my boyfriends parents or to my 18 year old boyfriend himself?

Default Re: I'm Living With My Boyfriend In California

There is no way on God's green earth any judge will sign guardianship over to your boyfriend. MAYBE to your boyfriend's parents.

Your father, if he is really prepared to go this route, should contact the county clerk's office for the appropriate paperwork.

yeah i didnt think guardianship to my bfoyfriend was possible but i read some threads where girls were questioning it. my dad talked to an attorney and temporary guardianship until i turn 18 is completely possible. the attorney gave us paperwork for a fine of $150 and in a few days my dad and my boyfriends parents will meet and sign everything. It supposedly should take less than an hour.

Quote Quoting cbg
    View Post
    There is no way on God's green earth any judge will sign guardianship over to your boyfriend. MAYBE to your boyfriend's parents.

Your father, if he is really prepared to go this route, should contact the county clerk's office for the appropriate paperwork.
    PS. its not a case where we have to even go infront of a judge.

1. Sponsored Links