Question Neighbor Is Obstructing Our Easement

Hi,
    We are having problems with our neighbor for 11 years .( My husband's family owned our property since 1976) .They own 10 acres around us , we are totally landlocked . The only way to get into our house is through a 16' wide deeded easement (about 200 feet long ). People who have visited us have been verbally abused and have been obstructed from getting to our property. In the winter after we hire somebody to snow plow the whole road , he goes out there and blows snow into our right of way with a snow blower , last year in the summer he piled up dirt mixed with concrete to make speed bumps . People were not able to come to visit us unless they drove a SUV or Pick up Truck .We removed them after a lawyer wrote a letter to my neighbor to have them removed in ten days ,and he did not . Two weeks ago he made ditches with a backhoe , same thing people are not able to drive to my house with a regular car .My daughters friend's mom bottomed her car out and refuses to come and bring her daughter over . He also redirected our easement by putting large boulders as a line on one side and cut down trees to lay on the other side to let us know , where we are allowed to drive in and out . Verizon dropped old utility poles on the side of the right of way where the trees are laying and restricting us from our 16" wide right of way . I'm ready to call "shame on you" or "seven on your side" . My husband got beat up by three of the family members next door on Halloween and we had them arrested . That is why he is obstructing the driveway now ) They do own a garbage company and I had 5 garbage trucks running at 5am next to my house in a residential neighborhood ,it took the town 7 years to have the trucks removed . .Even my husband is ready to sell the house and move out ,but who is going to buy a house in a situation like ours ???This is a very stressful situation ,and I don't know what to do anymore . We live upstate New York .

Default Re: Neighbor Is Obstructing Our Easement

It sounds like it is time to discuss with your lawyer whether to pursue a legal action against your neighbor.

Thank you ,aaron ,
    me and my husband talked it over once again (we wanted to go that option last year ) but I think that is the only way to go . They are bullies and there is no way to talk to them ,not that I wanted to after all the headaches they have caused . They bought 10 acres around us and they want us to move out , heard that phrase plenty of time , if you don't like it move out .

Hi ,I know we got told by my lawyer , that we have two choices , either proceed with legal action , or continue to get beaten up by my neighbors . Is there any lawyer in real estate who would work on contingency . This can get very costly and my neighbor has more money than I do . I'm afraid my money is running out before his . I'm very confused of what to do . Should I involve the newspaper ? I do have a lot of people on my side ,and are willing to testify in court .

1. Sponsored Links