Default Workers Comp Lawyer Is Invisible

I Was Hurt At Work In Dec 2006
    Hired A Lawyer In Feb 2007 Because Workmans Comp Would Not Return Calls About Tests And They Cancelled My Therapy.
    I Have Kept Attorney Abreast Of Everything
    I Get No Replies From My Emails Or Telephone Calls
    The Only Time I Heard From Them Was When I Contacted Case Manager About A Problem With A Check That I Sent Back To Them Two Months Prior To Have Reissued ( I Lost It During My Injury And Found It After It Became Stale Dated)
    The Reason I Heard From Him Then Was To Yell At Me For Calling The Case Manager. Go Figure
    My Workman Comp Has Been Stopped/ I Assume Because I Got A Letter From Them Saying I Was Released To Work/ I Am Still Waiting On Two Surgries.
    Wrote To Them About Social Security Disability/ Haven't Heard From Them
    Wrote To Them And Called Numerous Times About
    Reinstating My Workmans Comp
    My Treatment
    Right Now I Have Been Waiting 6 Weeks For Them To Approve Thrapy Again I Have Sent This All To My Attorney Since I Am Not Allowed To Contact Case Manager Anymore. I Have Followed Up On This Request Weekly/ Still No Answer
    I Have Emailed Case Worker Yesterday Requesting Approval Again
    So I May Hear From The Attorney Because I Broke His Rule.
    I Cant Beleive I Am Enduring This Stress On Top Of My Injuries.
    I Have Been Off Work 9 Months - No Money Coming In
    Should I Get Another Lawyer Or Is This Normal

Default Re: workmans comp lawyer is invisible

The decision to hire another attorney is up to you. It sounds like you complicated your issues with WC.

The way that you have typed your post makes it very difficult to read. Reading every word that is capitalized is difficult to follow.

Workers comp has been terminated, as you stated you received a letter that you are released to work.

Therefore, it is unlikely you will receive any information about disability.

You are waiting for reinstatement and approval for surgeries based on what?

If you are working with an attorney, that person is your connection btw the opposition (WC). From what you have posted it doesn't sound like this attorney believes he is representing you.

Quote Quoting deadlock
    View Post
    The decision to hire another attorney is up to you. It sounds like you complicated your issues with WC.

The way that you have typed your post makes it very difficult to read. Reading every word that is capitalized is difficult to follow.

Workers comp has been terminated, as you stated you received a letter that you are released to work.

Therefore, it is unlikely you will receive any information about disability.

You are waiting for reinstatement and approval for surgeries based on what?

If you are working with an attorney, that person is your connection btw the opposition (WC). From what you have posted it doesn't sound like this attorney believes he is representing you.
    First let me apologize for the way this is typed, i only have use of one arm and hand so i was just being lazy i guess by making them all capital letters.

I did not get released from the doctor- in fact i am stll under the care of two doctors, one who wants to do surgery on my neck and one who wants to do surgry on my shoulder.
    My medical is still being covered but the money has been stopped due to the case managers statement.
    I assumed my attorney would contact workmans comp -dont know if they have cause I can't get answers
    Both of my doctors have submitted requests for treatment and therapy but we are not getting answers.
    P.S. the E key and N key on my computer sticks (sorry)

From what you have written, I would try to work with my attorney and establish how to proceed.

If he is willing to represent you, and you want him to do so, find out if he considers you his client. He knows you are stressed so find out how he wants you to be involved with this process. It is very slow and you need to stay out of the communication where negotiations are involved.

Consider an appology of some sort to reopen the dialog with the lawyer. It is a very difficult legal arena. Try to respect the lawyer knows the territory and you don't. By sending checks back to WC and emails to the opponent you may actually interfer with his ability to negotiate in YOUR interest.

Do you play chess?

Quote Quoting deadlock
    View Post
    From what you have written, I would try to work with my attorney and establish how to proceed.

If he is willing to represent you, and you want him to do so, find out if he considers you his client. He knows you are stressed so find out how he wants you to be involved with this process. It is very slow and you need to stay out of the communication where negotiations are involved.

Consider an appology of some sort to reopen the dialog with the lawyer. It is a very difficult legal arena. Try to respect the lawyer knows the territory and you don't. By sending checks back to WC and emails to the opponent you may actually interfer with his ability to negotiate in YOUR interest.

Do you play chess?
    I keep trying to contact him.
    I signed papers and got a few letters from him at the very beginning, one telling me to keep him informed on everything and one telling me about an
    apointment I had with a Dr that insurance company wanted me to see for a second opinion. I got the second letter the day I was at the appointment.

I was told by him that I could have contact with my case manager that is why I emailed her with copies of my Doctors orders. After I was chastised I did apologize. The only reason I sent them the check was because I sent all the copies to the lawyer weeks before and got no reply as to how to handle this matter. Being without money for months made it an urgent matter. no groceries, no rent money, no money for medicine.

I have followed the few instructions he has given me to the letter. I have shown him respect/ yet he doesn't show me the common courtesy of a reply.
    It has been 9 months and I am no further along with my treatment than I was when I hired him.

I just wondered if this is how all workmans comp attorneys act.
    I have dealt with lawyers before and the others would return calls,
    and answer your questions.
    If I could get ahold of him I would kiss his butt if I had to.
    But is this anyway to have to do business with someone you hired?

Default Re: Workers Comp Lawyer Is Invisible

I think you know the answer to your question. You cannot expect every professional (or non-professional) person to be the same.

Responding to your questions is important to you and he doesn't respond in the manner you expect.

The process of WC is long and answers aren't immediately answered, but the person can respond to your call.

Personally, my attorney doesn't have answers to my questions many times. We both laugh about it. (It's the nature of the beast.) But she ALWAYS returns my calls or emails within a couple hours. She's the best "professional person" (let alone an attorney) I know.

1. Sponsored Links