Default Car Was Totaled

Me and my two kids ages 9 and 1 month were in a car accident. The person that caused the wreck was 16 years old and was a restricted drivers. he broke all of the rules # 1 he was out pass curfew, no one in the car over 21, and a car full of his friends. I have severe back pains, shoulder, kneck and chest pains. my daughter has shoulder and stomach and my newborn baby seems on. My mothers car was totaled. The young man was making an illegal left hand turn and I hit him because I could not stop and we were also hit from behind by another car. I had an attorney tell me that I could not sue the young man but I could sue the lady that hit me from behind and she would have to cover on 50% of the cost and I would have o cover the rest. Is this true and if not what can I do? this took place in tulsa oklahoma

Default Re: Car Was Totaled

As you did not explain the facts of how the accident occurred, I cannot guess as to who might be liable. Also, laws are different in each state and you chose not to identify your state. I would normally expect that the driver who triggered a multi-car collision would be liable, so perhaps you should ask your lawyer why that is not the case in this accident.

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    As you did not explain the facts of how the accident occurred, I cannot guess as to who might be liable. Also, laws are different in each state and you chose not to identify your state. I would normally expect that the driver who triggered a multi-car collision would be liable, so perhaps you should ask your lawyer why that is not the case in this accident.
    Well I added my city and state and the rest of the accident information.

I would still ask your lawyer why the driver (the young man) who seems to be responsible for the acc. happening is not liable.

Does the young man, the lady who hit you & yourself all have insurance?

Question Re: Car Was Totaled

from what she has told me was because he had restriction on his license. and everyone had insurance. which i still do not understand why he would not be liable for paying for nothing and she mentioned something about his insurance company dropping him because of the accident. I am just woundering should i just drop her and find another attorney?

1. Sponsored Links