Default What to Say in Court About Failure to Wear a Seat Belt

Hi. I'm 21 yrs old and just recieved a traffic ticket for failing to wear a seatbelt. I want to know the best way to explain my situation in court so I have 2 questions:

1) I recieved a speeding ticket a year ago in a different city for going 10 over the limit and even though I paid the fine, there were no points deducted so is this on my record or not?

2) I plan on apologizing to judge and explaining to him that I am a working student who can barely pay my insurance as it is. If this goes on my record my insurance will probably go up. Would this be appropriate to state in court or should I state something else? any other advice? I'm kind of nervous

Thanks

Default Re: what to say in court about failing to wear seatbelt

Quote Quoting naynay
    1) I recieved a speeding ticket a year ago in a different city for going 10 over the limit and even though I paid the fine, there were no points deducted so is this on my record or not?
    You should assume that it is, unless you first obtain a copy of your record and can see for yourself that the incident is not reflected.

Quote Quoting naynay
    2) I plan on apologizing to judge and explaining to him that I am a working student who can barely pay my insurance as it is. If this goes on my record my insurance will probably go up. Would this be appropriate to state in court or should I state something else? any other advice? I'm kind of nervouss
    I've seen judges accept that as a basis for an alternative resolution, such as dismissing a ticket on payment of costs. It's hard to know what any one judge will do in any particular case, though - there are no guarantees no matter what you say. But honesty and sincerity probably will count for something.

1. Sponsored Links