Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Default Re: 'Right to Work' and Right to Employment

Quote Quoting deadlock
    View Post
    preatorians? Qu'est-ce que c'est Praetorian Guard ?

from Wiki The Praetorian Guard (in Latin: praetoriani) consisted of a special force of bodyguards used by Roman Emperors.
    That was the version for glorious patriots of our republic. The political version was, we need a warm body to keep our job.

So Daniel, run those numbers yet? Figured out where the money is going to come from?

Not sure if you can get the GPO published budget online or not. If not, I suppose you wouldhave to contact them directly. After you run through that and figure out where the money is coming from, get back to us.

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    So Daniel, run those numbers yet? Figured out where the money is going to come from?

Not sure if you can get the GPO published budget online or not. If not, I suppose you wouldhave to contact them directly. After you run through that and figure out where the money is coming from, get back to us.

http://www.gpoaccess.gov/usbudget/
    The numbers are already available. The simple metrics employed are the unemployment rate and the poverty rate.

Quote Quoting danielpalos
    View Post
    The numbers are already available. The simple metrics employed are the unemployment rate and the poverty rate.

no. what would the weekly or monthly dole be to a person that chooses not to work?

They cannot be availale because nobody has ever seriously entertained this idea before.

It's time to put up or shut up. You need to show us how much you expect a person to be able to accept that would prevent them from wanting or needing to employ other means for gaining income.

Then you need to show us where this money is going to come from. Show us the savings and show us where the money for this scheme will come from.

Then show us the savings compared to the current system.

You have spent all this time espousing the beneifts of your cockamamie scheme. It's time to prove what you claim.

I would expect at least $2,000 per week. If I recall BTO correctly, other people who "love to work at nothin' all day" make considerably more, so it's only fair. (Bachman Turner Overdrive, Takin' Care of Business, 1974). Oh yes - and I would expect to get my "chicks" (?) for free. (See Dire Straits, Money for Nothing, 1988).

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    no. what would the weekly or monthly dole be to a person that chooses not to work?

They cannot be availale because nobody has ever seriously entertained this idea before.
    That would depend on the official weights and measures of forms of poverty due to lack of income.

My model utilizes the current poverty rate and current unemployment rate as a basis for metrics.

Quote Quoting jk
    View Post
    It's time to put up or shut up. You need to show us how much you expect a person to be able to accept that would prevent them from wanting or needing to employ other means for gaining income.

Then you need to show us where this money is going to come from. Show us the savings and show us where the money for this scheme will come from.

Then show us the savings compared to the current system.

You have spent all this time espousing the beneifts of your cockamamie scheme. It's time to prove what you claim.
    Anecdotal evidence suggests that people are already engaged in a market friendly form of that policy, simply by being on public sector unemployment rolls.

Quote Quoting aaron
    View Post
    I would expect at least $2,000 per week. If I recall BTO correctly, other people who "love to work at nothin' all day" make considerably more, so it's only fair. (Bachman Turner Overdrive, Takin' Care of Business, 1974). Oh yes - and I would expect to get my "chicks" (?) for free. (See Dire Straits, Money for Nothing, 1988).
    That is why I present a minimum wage that pays people to not produce labor input to the economy, as a form of natural public sector monopoly.

So we're on the same page - $2,000/week as a bare minimum for doing nothing. If other people want to be stupid and work for less money, that's their problem.

1. Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast