Default Re: 'Right to Work' and Right to Employment

By the way, I love your photos.

http://danielpalos.com/

Quote Quoting seniorjudge
    View Post

You know, the way he expressed his english all the time, I thought he wasn't from the US originally.

This explains why he can't get it through his head what we are saying.

Quote Quoting cloudnine
    View Post
    So it's been proven that it makes sense to pay lazy people to do nothing? Show me your sources.

What is it that you don't understand?? At-will employment allows employers to maintain their workforce or get rid of the lollygaggers if they so choose. It also allows for the employee to leave their job whenever they feel like it if they don't like the job or if it doesn't meet their standards. YOUR idea of at-will UNemployment would allow those workers that employers fire for not working a free ride. That would be paying them to do nothing. And it would also allow people to quit their jobs because, hey, why work for money when you can get it for doing nothing. Which I'll say again, is a stupid concept.
    You may have missed the point. Anecdotal evidence from the US agricultural sector (one of the largest in the world), implies that forms of "corporate" welfare, for the legal fiction of an individual, have the potential to do the opposite of what you suggest would happen. Why do you think that the same market principles that apply to the legal fiction of an individual, would not also apply to the legal fact of an individual?

Quote Quoting cloudnine
    View Post
    You know, the way he expressed his english all the time, I thought he wasn't from the US originally.

This explains why he can't get it through his head what we are saying.
    I am not that good of a photographer.

View Post

You may be mistaking me for someone who is a good photographer.

View Post
    Here is your question translated into Standard English:

Q: Wouldn't an employer be better off if he didn't have to hire bums in the first place?

A: Sometimes you don't know they are bums till after you hire them.
    I was under the impression that true bums would be pursuing bum nirvana, as a form of their 9A right to pursue happiness in a manner most conducive to their private profit seeking motive; as a form of equilibrium seeking tendency and potential habit.

False bums may be actively seeking employment to pursue non bum nirvana forms of pursuing happiness.

Quote Quoting danielpalos
    View Post
    I was under the impression that bums would be pursuing bum nirvana, as a form of their 9A right to pursue happiness in a manner most conducive to their private profit seeking motive; as a form of equilibrium seeking tendency and potential habit.
    You were under the wrong impression.

View Post

False bums may be actively seeking employment to pursue non bum nirvana forms of pursuing happiness.

What's a false bum?

View Post
    I was under the impression that true bums would be pursuing bum nirvana, as a form of their 9A right to pursue happiness in a manner most conducive to their private profit seeking motive; as a form of equilibrium seeking tendency and potential habit.

what the hell is that supposed to mean???

Ok daniel, what about those that want to work but are effectively worthless? They are still going to attain employment and when the boss finds out they are worthless, they are still going to get fired and in the meantime, they are going to wreak havoc on the employers efficiency stats.

How are you going to fix that??

So what have you determined to be an adequate level of remuneration to cause those wishing to be unemployed by choice to not seek additional remuneration through becoming employed or through illicit methods?

How are you going to finance such an expenditure?

Is there still going to be a minimum wage? If so, how much are you going to pay for that wage?

So now, for the that choose to be unemployed and recieving your unemployment-at-will payments, what do you propose for the medical needs of those people?

How will you pay for any medical assistance you provide to your "unemployed-at-will" recipients?

View Post
    You were under the wrong impression.
    Are you implying that a false bum would be seeking true bum nirvana?

1. Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast