Default Mediation When You've Never Had An IME

Is it normal to have mandatory mediation if you never had a IME. I got mandatory mediation in like 2 weeks and was wondering if this is out of the norm. My father in-law was hurt on the job and had a IME so I assumed I would have to have one. All I had was an FCE. Been injured since 9/04 in PA. Been out of work for 2 years. Any opinions or help would be great.

Default Re: Mediation When You've Never Had An IME

well anyone got any ideas.

Quote Quoting doublecz
    View Post
    well anyone got any ideas.
    We who answer posts are volunteers. It's not abnormal for someone to reply after you have waited for just a few hours.

The w/c carrier can call for a mediation at anytime. What has dad's attorney said about all this?

Quote Quoting BlondiePB
    View Post
    We who answer posts are volunteers. It's not abnormal for someone to reply after you have waited for just a few hours.

The w/c carrier can call for a mediation at anytime. What has dad's attorney said about all this?
    I wasent trying to be rude. I was just looking for an answer. I understand that your volunteers(whatever that has to do with this response). I understand that wc can call for mediation when ever. I just found it odd that I never had a IME thats all. My father in-law does not have an attorney. I have an attorney and he said its strange not to have an IME yet. I was just checking since I ran into so many people who talk about having IMEs after a year of the injury, but never have an FCE. Even my first hearing went strange. The insurance companies lawyer never asked me a question because he didnt have his stuff together. My attorney asked be all the questions. The IC's lawyer said that he would "hammer me out at the next hearing", but the next hearing never came instead mediation is the next step.

Forget my question. I just received a letter today from WC for a impairment rating evaluation .

1. Sponsored Links