Default Tubal Ligations in Louisiana

Just wondering the laws on this procedure( age and # of children must have), and a round about price range, in state of louisiana.
    Thanks

Default Re: Tubal Ligations in Louisiana

Consider consulting your doctor.

Quote Quoting electricfaerie
    View Post
    Just wondering the laws on this procedure( age and # of children must have), and a round about price range, in state of louisiana.
    Thanks
    Laws as far as what? A tubal is (in most cases) a elective procedure so if you are willing to pay for it, you can have it. I have never heard of any laws requiring someone to have a specific amount of children before being able to have a tubal. As far as age, you must be 18 to do it without parental consent. Any local OB/GYN can tell you what the approximate price will be. If you have health insurance you can ask them what amount they will cover.

Quote Quoting cbent2005
    View Post
    Laws as far as what? A tubal is (in most cases) a elective procedure so if you are willing to pay for it, you can have it. I have never heard of any laws requiring someone to have a specific amount of children before being able to have a tubal. As far as age, you must be 18 to do it without parental consent. Any local OB/GYN can tell you what the approximate price will be. If you have health insurance you can ask them what amount they will cover.
    Sadly, years ago the laws actually did require that a woman be at least 30 years old, have 5 or more children, or have a medical reason before a tubal could be done. Thank goodness that law was repealed about 15 years ago. I have 3 kids, would have had only 2 if the law had allowed a tubal at age 20.

It's possible that some states may still have a similar law in effect.

Quote Quoting Xena
    View Post
    Sadly, years ago the laws actually did require that a woman be at least 30 years old, have 5 or more children, or have a medical reason before a tubal could be done. Thank goodness that law was repealed about 15 years ago. I have 3 kids, would have had only 2 if the law had allowed a tubal at age 20.

It's possible that some states may still have a similar law in effect.
    Holy cow, that's amazing! I can't believe that states would have been able to enforce laws like that. Thanks for the info!

They have the same laws here in West Virginia. You had to have had 3 kids and 23 years old to get a tubal ligation.

1. Sponsored Links