Default Employment of Illegal Immigrants

A guy I had previously worked with at a company I no longer work for (as of a month ago) was laid off. He had worked at the company for quite a few years, he was a legal citizen but most of the illegal immigrants who work there were not laid off. The man was certainly more skilled, and an asset in my opinion to the company, was never late to work and never complained when he had to work late and always did what he was told, generaly he was the perfect employee. Which I could not say for the illegal workers at this place, they have no idea what their doing. I guess he just made too much money in the owners eyes.

My question is if one could prove that the owner hired illegal workers, and that a citizen was terminated with out any wrong doing on his part what can be done to the employer legally? And who would one contact to get the process started? I no longer work there because I could not work for a man who would do this to his fellow countrymen, it's disgraceful and treasonous in my eyes.

Default Re: Employment of Illegal Immigrants

The fact that he was laid off prior to one of the illegal immigrants being laid off is not a situation that can be corrected by any action.

What can be done is to inform the Department of Homeland Security of the illegal immigrants. Don;t know if that will actually get any action but they are the folks charged with taking care of illegal immigrants.

Are you absolutely, 100%, with proof in hand certain that they were illegal? How do you know?

I would not had asked the question if I did not know that they were 100% Illegal. It would be nice to get answers, not accusations.

Who's making accusations? I asked a question, that's all. And I asked it in your behalf. I was looking to offer you certain protection.

But if that's how you see it, never mind.

1. Sponsored Links