Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1

    Question Elderly Mother Needs Assistance But Won't Give Power Of Attorney

    my motherlives in the state of florida is starting to show signs of financial incompetentcy-most of the time she has all her senses-she is starting to make self-destructive decisions and is in full denial and fighting us-is there a way to acquire power of attorney from an elder who is not too cooperative in a civil way w/o having to commit her? she will be able to live in assisted living but definitely is not capable of taking care of her assets. thank you for your help

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2005

    Default Re: power of attorney-elder law

    You can petition for the appointment of a conservator, through the courts in the County where she lives.

    1. Sponsored Links

Similar Threads

  1. Guardianship: Elderly Mother is Financially Vulnerable
    By weeping widow in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-10-2009, 10:31 AM
  2. Elderly Mother and Sharing Household Expenses
    By portmaster1000 in forum Tax Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2009, 09:15 PM
  3. Guardianship: Guardianship and Power Of Attorney In California For Elderly Parent With Alzheimer's
    By Rafael1111 in forum Disability and Elder Law
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-04-2008, 03:23 PM
  4. Elderly Mother Giving Me Her Money
    By Needers in forum Estate Planning, Administration and Probate
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2008, 04:14 PM
  5. Emancipation: Emancipation or Assistance for a 17-yr-old mother
    By kina in forum Juvenile Law
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Sponsored Links

Legal Help, Information and Resources