Default Expungement of Juvenile Case to Obtain Guard Card

I was convicted of a violent crime in California at the age of 17. I was convicted of a misdemeanor when i was 18 due to false information to police officer. I am now 20. Well first of all am i eligible for an expungement ? and second if i am eligible to expunge the my record will i be able to obtain a guard card? I did some research online and it said if you commited a felony then you cannot obtain a guard card.

Default Re: Expungement of Juvenile Case to Obtain Guard Card

You should be eligible for expungement. Details are here. I suggest you inquire about the possible effect of your record with the California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services.

i got this from the other thread from "froggy"

"From personal experience, you can easily get just about any misdemeanor expunged in CA. There is some paperwork, a fee and you go before a judge. The whole process can take a few weeks to a few months and you can easily do it yourself (no lawyer).

Unfortunately, it doesn't help much. It doesn't dissapear from your criminal record, it just shows up as dismissed under the expungement statute. So companies can still see it and they can not hire you for it (they arn't supposed to discriminate, but in reality they do)

And if you ever want to do anything that requires state certification you are screwed. From nurse, to security guard, to cab driver - expunged or not they want you perfect or not at all. If it was really minor you could jump through the hoops they have set up for offenders and sometimes they'll still certify you.
    Reply With Quote"

how about if you were a juvinile at the time and you were convicted of a felony? Will you still be able to apply for security guard or/and probation officer if you have it sealed or expunged?

If you want to know how any particular employer will treat your record, ask that employer.

1. Sponsored Links