Default Trampoline Trouble With Landlord

I owen a mobil home in a park in New York. I have lived here for about five years. When I first moved in I had called the people in charge of the park (management) up and asked them it if was alright for me to get a trampoline for my daughter. They told me it was ok as long as I have a fenced in yard and get the one with a cage around it. About a year ago they started sending me letters saying that I had to take it down that it was a violation against the health dept. The other day I got a letter saying that they were giving me 10 days to take it down or they will start the eviction process. It wasn't in my orignal lease and I have not signed another lease. But I know off people having 6 feet fences witch is against the lease but it was put there before the rule was made up so it doesn't count. I have 3 kids and they love jumping on it an told them I was willing to pay a little extra a month to have it because there isnt anything else for my kids to do, but no. What should I do?

Default Re: Trampoline trouble please help

They're saying what is "a violation against the health dept"?

Default Re: Trampoline Trouble With Landlord

The health dept. governs whether or not you can have a trampoline in your yard? That seems a little odd to me.

However, I know in my last apartment we were not permitted to have trampolines, jungle gyms, or swimming pools that were deeper than 30 inches. It was an increased insurance risk, my landlord said.

Yes they said health Dept. witch confussed me to, but will they be able to evict my mobil home if I dont't take it down.

Get clarification from them about the regulation, or inquire about it with the health department.

Odds are your lease would directly or indirectly prohibit you from engaging in acts which violate local health regulations.

So another words I have to take it down or they will most likley evict my mobil home from the site even though they told me at one point it was ok to have.

Get clarification from them about the regulation, or inquire about it with the health department.

Thank you, I have written a email to the health dept telling them the situation, and when I get a answer the will contact management.

1. Sponsored Links