Unhappy Sexual Harassment By A Landlord

Can someone please help me. Tonight my landlord (who is about 70 or so years old) stopped by, which was nothing new since they live next door. Anyways, tonight he tried to kiss me....i'm so disgusted and apalled by the whole situation because not in a million years would i have thought that he would do that....they are like grandparents to me.....i feel so *ugh* i don't even know if there is a word for it...violated maybe? Is there anything i can do without getting kicked out of my place? I have a fiance and daughter to worry about losing this house over something like this.....i'm scared to be home alone now (i was at the time that it happened) Any suggestions?

Default Re: Sexual Harassment By A Landlord

There's no easy answer - which is not to say that you wouldn't have rights if you can prove what occurred. But if he denies it, and I assume he would, how do you prove what happened?

Default Re: Sexual Harassment By A Landlord

I did just find out yesterday that apparently he has a history of doing that to women...which i didn't know prior to moving here. The good news is....my fiance, daughter and i found a place to move and we will be in the new place on saturday, so at least i won't have to worry about the creepy landlord now. I know that if it came to his word vs. mine it probably would be him that wins because he is highly known around this area, being the owner of a shop. I would say that as long as they don't back out of letting us out of our lease a month early (which they are right now) then i'll just drop the situation, but if they decide otherwise right before we move out, then i'm sure his wife would be interested to know about her husbands' roaming hands, etc...

1. Sponsored Links