Default AAFES collection

Aaron - any chance you know if AAFES (Army & Air Force Exchange Service) / Milstar is a part of the goverment or simply a contractor? They've got inaccurate info on my credit report, but seem to be under the impression that they're untouchable and won't fix it.

also is there a time frame for businesses to "charge-off" bed debt? I went deliquent on this account in early 2000. they took the balance from my 2002 tax return in early 2003. it's listed as a charge off as of Feb. '03, but it seems like they would have had to charge it off much earlier than that.

Default Re: AAFES collection

Quote Quoting GreatGadsby
    Aaron - any chance you know if AAFES (Army & Air Force Exchange Service) / Milstar is a part of the goverment or simply a contractor? They've got inaccurate info on my credit report, but seem to be under the impression that they're untouchable and won't fix it.
    The AAFES website indicates " The Army and Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES) website is an unofficial Department of Defense (DoD) website published and maintained by AAFES with non-appropriated funds.". That language suggests that they are part of the military.

Quote Quoting GreatGadsby
    also is there a time frame for businesses to "charge-off" bed debt? I went deliquent on this account in early 2000. they took the balance from my 2002 tax return in early 2003. it's listed as a charge off as of Feb. '03, but it seems like they would have had to charge it off much earlier than that.
    Businesses aren't required to charge off debt. Some businesses will continue to carry records of debts on their own books, even after the statute of limitations has run such that they can no longer pursue collection through the courts.

1. Sponsored Links