Default Must You Submit A Will To Probate Court

Florida: My father-in-law passed away last week. His daughter is the executor of the will (which was drawn up by a lawyer) Does she have to enter the will into probate?

Default Re: Probate or Not?

How else could she probate the will?

Default Re: Probate or Not?

Quote Quoting Mr. Knowitall
    View Post
    How else could she probate the will?
    This is all new to us and are at her mercy since my husband (son of deceased) and I live in New York and the deceased lived in Florida as does my sister-in-law (the executator).....she has not gotten in contact with anyone since my father-in-laws death and my husband read the will in March when he was down there to see his Dad and he knows he is getting a share of the house, property and the car.......can he request to see a copy of the will? How long does an executor have to follow through with the final wishes of the person.......also one son is totally disinherited and is getting nothing....have not read the will so dont know why.....can he contest this? Thank you for any info......my husband is reluctant about asking her about the will because he is afraid she will take offense and drag her feet even longer or entirely go against Dads wishes.....it is not going to be pretty in the end......Thank you again for your response in advance

Default Re: Must You Submit A Will To Probate Court

Since your father-in-law just passed away last week, you might want to give it a little time to hear something.

You can call the court house in the county where your father-in-law passed away & see if the will was submitted for probate. Yes, you can ask for copies (it is public record). They will prob. charge for copying & sending them to you. The brother that was disinherited can contest the will but that doesn't mean he will win the "contest" & get anything.

1. Sponsored Links