Default Charged With Battery Even Though 'Victim' Hit First

Law in this country has definately taken a downturn. How could a man be charged with a C felony for battery causing serious bodily injury when the woman who pressed the charges admitted to hitting him repeatedly first. Now this man has to plea bargain to save his career in medicine. Why do prosecutors get to trump up charges to scare people in to plea bargaining. This is unconstitutional and unethical. Our legal system is falling apart. Plea bargaining should be outlawed.

Default Re: Charged With Battery Even Though 'Victim' Hit First

Being hit first doesn't give you license to pound somebody. You can only claim self-defense to the extent that your response is appropriate. If you are charged with a felony, it reasonably follows that you went way beyond what you needed to do to defend yourself or escape the situation.

1. Sponsored Links