Question MIP in Oregon

I got an MIP in Monmouth, Oregon. The reason the cops came was because of a noise complaint, however, we went to all the neighbors and none of them had called the cops. About 6 peoplpe ended up getting MIPs. But if no neighbors thought it was loud, then would that mean the noise complaint is invalid? So if it was invalid then would all the MIPs be dropped? Also, I got an MIP, but I was never asked if I had drank. The officer asked everyone else, but not me. One person was let go because they had not been drinking and passed the test. Cant I say that I wasnt asked, so how do they know that I was drinking? The other thing is that we looked at city laws and it says the maximum fine is $250, yet our tickets were written for $421. Can someone please answer these questions for me. It would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

Default Re: MIP in Oregon

You weren't asked if you drank, but you tested positive when they administered a PBT (breath test)?

No, I was never asked if I had drank, nor was I tested with a breathalizer or any other way of being tested. They had no idea if I had been drinking or not. And my ticket was for Minor In Possession-Consuming. (I had been drinking a little, but they didnt know that since I was never tested or asked. So since they didnt know and I was written up for it, isnt that wrong?) Thanks.

Quote Quoting camrad1
    View Post
    No, I was never asked if I had drank, nor was I tested with a breathalizer or any other way of being tested. They had no idea if I had been drinking or not. And my ticket was for Minor In Possession-Consuming. (I had been drinking a little, but they didnt know that since I was never tested or asked. So since they didnt know and I was written up for it, isnt that wrong?) Thanks.
    They could smell the liquor on your breath...people don't realize how much they smell like booze to someone who hasn't been drinking.

If you believe yourself to be innocent or believe that you have a meritiorious defense, consider getting a lawyer and fighting the ticket.

1. Sponsored Links