State of Oklahoma
I have recently received a very large bill for supposedly not filing state withholding taxes on 9 occasions between 2005-2010 by the Oklahoma Tax Commission. I used a CPA who prepared and signed off on my tax returns for all the concerned years and was very careful and methodical. I have not heard any complaints from the IRS for the same time period, implying that I somehow paid my Federal Withholding, but missed my State Withholding for the same periods. My bank only retains records going 7 years (to 2013), and I havenít kept copies going back.
1. Do I have a right to request from the OTC that they provide me with records proving that this money is owed?
2. If I can't prove that I made the payments, is there any other strategy for me?

Greatly appreciate your thoughts.