Default Golf Club Membership

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Arizona

The club I have belonged to and enjoyed has raise the monthly rate to one that no longer makes any sense based on the amount of times I am able to play. Normally I would not have much issue with this but an email went out announcing the rate change effective in one week. The current bylaws say you must give 90 days notice to resign which I have done. Is it legal for them to charge the rate increase and require me to stay? I feel like they should be able to enforce one or the other my current rate as agreed in the contract I signed or the 90 days. If they want both enforced shouldn't they have to give 90 days notice for the change in rates?

Default Re: Golf Club Membership

What do the bylaws say about raising dues?

Do you not intend to play at all during your 90 day notice period?
    I am the Mouse Man

If they want both enforced shouldn't they have to give 90 days notice for the change in rates?
    Not necessarily. Contracts can be, and often are, one sided.

Read yours.

Quote Quoting gatorupset
    View Post
    Is it legal for them to charge the rate increase and require me to stay? I feel like they should be able to enforce one or the other my current rate as agreed in the contract I signed or the 90 days. If they want both enforced shouldn't they have to give 90 days notice for the change in rates?
    This is not a matter about which the law will have anything to say. It entirely depends on the terms of your contract with the club. You know what that says and we don't.

1. Sponsored Links